Chap-4 The Curious Event

As Vasuda slowly emerged from the depths of unconsciousness, he found himself enveloped in a soft, golden light that bathed the grand chamber where he lay. Ornate tapestries adorned the walls, their intricate designs.
The air was heavy with the scent of incense, its fragrant tendrils weaving through the room and mingling with the gentle flicker of oil lamps that cast warm shadows across the space.

Blinking away the remnants of sleep, Vasuda's gaze wandered, taking in the grandeur of his surroundings. His eyes alighted upon seeing his three companions ,Maya, Apsara, and Jiayi, each nestled in their own bed nearby, their forms shrouded in the soft glow of the lamps. They appeared serene in their slumber, their faces relaxed and untroubled.
A sense of disorientation washed over Vasuda as he tried to piece together the events that had led them to this place. His thoughts were interrupted by a realization – he was dressed in an attire he did not recognize. Running his fingers over the fabric of his clothing, he felt the smooth cotton texture of the white dhoti adorned with intricate golden embroidery. It felt foreign against his skin, the absence of his usual garments leaving him feeling exposed and vulnerable in this unfamiliar setting.
Before he could dwell further on his confusion, an elderly man approached. His weathered face etched with concern.
Vasuda's heart quickened as the man spoke, his words flowing in a language that seemed to echo with the weight of ages – Sanskrit, the ancient tongue of gods and sages.
"kim tvam kushalaha? (Are you alright?)"
Struggling to comprehend the situation, Vasuda mustered up with a nod. Confusion washed his mind.
Why would this man speak in Sanskrit? Sanskrit is a language that is only known to people like himself or like his three other friends.
With a groan, Apsara pulled her abdomen up. She rubbed her temples with pain. Vasuda looked at her in delightment.
"Appu!"
He called out as he rushed towards her. He helped her to balance.
"Kanna, where are we?"
Apsara asked, calling him by his nickname.
"I have no idea!"
He replied. Again the old man came, as he handed them two cups made from clay, filled with water.
They took it with urgency and gratitude as they swallowed the cold water.
A sudden metallic echo was heard, taking up their attention. The giant metal door brushed open to reveal a woman in saffron robes and six men with grand and expensive wears. But they all had one thing in common, all of their attires seemed traditional or rather can be called ancient. They all wore brilliant amount of gold. Both Apsara and Vasuda looked at them, magnified. 
"Two of them woke up." One of the men whispered to another one, who looked quiet similar with the first. But he too spoke in Sankrit, making Vasuda get terrorised.
"Queen Dowager, two of them has consciousness, the other two are still in their slumber."
Apsara was quiet confused with the language. Seeing her expression, Vasuda whispered to her.
"They all speak in Sanskrit, I am just as confused as you are."
"No, it makes sense, remember what Samaya said, we have time travelled, Vasuda."
She replied with the same lightness of voice.
"This woman seems to be a widowed Queen, this sage like old man just called her a Queen Dowager."
He said as Apsara hummed in response. The woman came towards them with a warm smile.
"Children, who are you all?"
"Uh, I am Apsara, this is my uhm, my brother."
"Hi, I am Vasuda, and I am her brother."
He said agreeing to her lie. Although they might not be real siblings, but they are bonded enough to be called one.
"I see, so those are your-"
"Sisters!"
Apsara completed her sentence for her.
"Well, that is quite intresting, I didn't know the dark lord had more than three kids. I thought he only had a twin siblings and a young daughter."
One of the men with a gorgeous voice spoke. His eye had a melodious mischief playing. Apsara scrutinised him in surprise.
"You-you, how did you?"
"Bua Kunti, can I have a conversation with the mysterious people alone?"
"Yes, dear. Sons, come with me."
The woman said taking her so called sons with her.
"Who are you?"
Apsara said with a straight face.
"Uhm, I am known by many names, Vasudeva, Govinda or Krishna. You can choose any of them!"
Apsara and Vasudas eyes widened and gleamed.
"So, you are telling me that you are the Legendary Vasudeva Sree Krishna."
Krishna nodded in reply, Apsara chuckledin disbelief, she stared at him in a worried face, for the first time she noticed the peacock feathers in his crown.
"Woah, bloody hell! You're exactly like I imagined you would be. I am a big Fan."
Vasuda said flabbergasted.
"Thank You, a little warning. Since you all are from Kali Yuga, Samaya mentioned that you know the future. Don't reveal a thing or two to me, I don't know the future and I should not know the future either. "
They looked at him with confusion.
"You don't know the future? But you knew who my dad was and that my elder brother and sister are twins. How's that?"
She battled with a face of disbelief and suspicion.
"Oh, Samaya told me every little detail about all of you."
"Every little detail?"
Vasuda asked in terror.
"Everything, even the thing that you are worrying about."
Krishna replied with a sly grin making Vasuda face the worst embarrasment of his life. His first impression with Lord Krishna is ruined.
Apsara chuckled in enjoyment, mocking the man beside her.
"Even yours Apsara!"
He said, abruptly, making Apsara to stop her giggling. Vasuda smirked in satisfaction.
"Anyway, wake them both up, Before they are going to freak out."
Apsara nodded in agreement with Krishna's words as she pulled herself up and walked towards Jiayi.
"Jiayi, wake up!"
She said nudging her aggressively. Jiayi groaned and fluttered her eyes open. With a gasp, she pulled herself up.
"Appu, where are we? Did we really time travel?"
She said jolting up. Apsara smiked faintly at her as she let out a heavy sigh.

To be continued