Chapter 22: Heavy Petting

Christopher

"Can I pet you?"

I ask and hold my breath. Leaning back I focus on Alec's slightly dazed face. His heart beats a fast tempo against my palm at his back.

"What?" Alec's hands flex on my shirt again. He lets out a short, forced laugh. "Pet what? I'm not a cat."

I really want to touch you." I slowly stroke my hand along his back again. His body acts on its own, leaning into my touch. "Can I ?"

"I'm not- I don't know-"

Taking one of Alec's hands, I gently spread his fingers out and press it firmly against my own chest. Alec's eyebrows raise and so does his pulse. "You can touch me, too, Alec."

"Ohmygod." Alec's eyes cutely widen. They flicker side to side and I can tell he's conflicted but interested. "What, um, when did the mood change like this?"

That's hard even for me to say. One minute I was proudly walking the halls with my mate and the next I was looking into his lighthearted eyes, smelling his sweet scent filtered through my borrowed clothes. His voice was soft and teasing, friendly like it used to be just before the last two days. And I wanted him.

I always want him. I could talk to him all day, stare at him all day, breathe in his scent and follow him everywhere. And touch him. I really want to touch him.

I lean my forehead against his, holding him steady. I let him feel my own heightened breathing, my own racing pulse. "If you can't tell, then give me a few minutes and see if I can get you caught up to my mood."

Alec's eyes flicker back and forth between mine. His body is giving me its own signals undetected by him. He has a sweet scent of arousal, heady and primal. Everywhere we touch, he unconsciously leans into, raising my temperature by the second. But I'm waiting for him to make his own decision.

Without moving, his eyes slowly slide down to hungrily size-up my lips. I don't know how much longer I can hold my breath and my patience. And then Alec says in a whispering voice, "Chris."

I surge forward to capture his lips with mine. Gently at first, pressing and molding mine to his. He lets out a small gasp at the contact but leans into the kiss. I catch his face with both of my hands, I can't get enough of his taste!

Alec's fingers slide up my chest before he wraps his arms around my neck. He follows my movements, meeting every touch, tracing my tongue with his.

An appreciative hum rumbles through my chest. Moving my hands to his waist, I lift Alec up until his knees are straddling my lip. I pull him tight against me. Releasing his lips, I move to place kisses at his cheek and down his neck. Alec rolls his head to the side and gives me more access.

Feeling encouraged, my hands start to roam. Slowly stroking from the back of his head and down the length of his spine through his tee shirt. I stop just before the waistband of his pants before following the same path.

Each time, Alec's body relaxes more and more into my touch. Until, he pulls himself back a little. "Wait, wait," His eyes are still closed and cheeks flushed. "Are you actually petting me?"

"Mm-hmm," I say against his neck. "And I can groom you, too." Sticking out my tongue, I slide it all the way up from the sweet warmth at the base of his neck until I flick over his earlobe.

"Ahhhh-mm" I hear Alec bit back a moan. His fingers clench in my hair as a shiver goes down his body. Loving his response, I trace my tongue up along the shell of his ear before lightly blowing on the sensitive skin.

"Shit!" He whispers.

Letting out my growl of agreement, I shift our bodies, rolling Alec beneath me onto the couch. Settling my weight on my knees between his thighs, I brace my arms on either side of his head.