⇅𝘏𝘦𝘳 𝘕𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘐𝘴... ⇅

Comenzar desde el principio

The irritable male waited for his final message to read sent before he went to her contacts and forcibly tapped on the block button.

He heavily exhaled as he reached into his pocket for a few dollars to put on the table for a tip. Although he didn't order anything off the menu except water—which was free, he wanted to be generous and give the waiter something for their time, which had been wasted.

This had been the third date this month that stood JoJo up with no valid reason. He was starting to think he was cursed. How could his crazy-ass older brother and two closest friends have somebody, but he couldn't?

At least DeVanté and Dalvin are loyal and love their women. K-Ci, on the other hand, constantly disrespects and treats his relationship with Shontae as a joke, continually flirting with anything over eighteen.

He had so much to offer and give to a lady, but they couldn't see it.

Maybe I'm not cut out for that shit, JoJo thought as he walked out the single glass door, referring to love.

Or maybe, he just hasn't found 'the one' yet.

Just as he was about to go on his phone to see when the next bus would arrive so he could head home, JoJo heard a car door slamming.

He searched around the busy streets of L.A. until he saw a woman across the street. She was light skin, with dark brown hair styled in a bun—with curly strands hanging down.

The male continued to eye the lady with admiration, examining her dressy appearance as she wore a floral dress until he noticed a frustrated look on her face.

Being the gentlemen he was, he decided to see the problem. He waited for the cars to drive past before he rushed across the street to assist the woman kicking the tire to her vehicle.

"Stupid car," she breathed, slapping her purse on the hood.

"Hey, is everything alright?"

The woman looked up to see a brown skin male so to casual attire standing next to her with a concerned expression.

"No, not really," she admitted, awkwardly smiling, "My car won't start."

JoJo nodded and looked over at the vehicle. He could tell it was old by the rusted paint and beat-up mirror.

"How long has it been acting up?"

"For a few weeks now. I've been getting jumps from people to get by."

He nodded at her explanation and walked over to the driver's side door. He figured since he was a mechanic, he could ask her questions to see what the issue could be and possibly help.

"You mind?" JoJo politely asked, holding onto the door handle.

She motioned her hand, allowing him to enter her car. He decided to turn her keys that were inside the ignition to hear the engine attempt to start but abruptly fail.

There were only a few reasons why the car won't turn on, but he came to a specific conclusion, and he got out and swiftly walked back over to the woman biting her lip.