The Leaders

⚠️ Quick Announcement: this is going to be the last chapter for a while since I still have to write the last 5 ones to end all the other plots the story has left open! If you don't want to lose track of this story, please subscribe to it and follow me on Twitter or Instagram for any update (@likeasky21)! I hope you enjoyed the story so far! ⚠️

***

Gunhak couldn't believe Hwanwoong's words at first but, as soon as he looked into Dongju's eyes, he understood it was exactly what was going on. He immediately remembered the last moments of intimacy the two of them had shared while Hwanwoong had been asleep. How tender the omega's nipples had been for him. How much he had felt the desire to protect him and to love him forever. He could see how those had probably been his instincts, already acting as a shield to protect his omega and the life that was growing inside him. "You're...?" He swore in between his gritted teeth.

The alfa was happy. He was so incredibly overjoyed at the news his one and only omega was carrying a pup which was his as well. Gunhak's mind started working like a spinning wheel, stuck in between how moved he was and how scared he suddenly felt, scared to lose that happiness because of his inability to keep things in control. "Did you already know?" He asked the omega as his mind focused on one thought only: now he couldn't allow Dongju anywhere near a battlefield. What if something bad happened to either him or to their soon to be pup? Gunhak couldn't allow that.

"I'm... I'm..." Dongju felt suddenly embarrassed. He was scared to even look at his alfa in the eyes. What if Gunhak was angry at him? What if he wasn't planning on having a pup that soon? What if he hadn't been thinking about having one with him in the first place. "I wasn't sure about it... I-"

"I think we can all smell it, Dongju. You are pregnant, why didn't you tell us as soon as you knew?" Keonhee pointed out, trying to keep his voice calm and to hide his concern.

Dongju looked down. "I... I wasn't sure about it and... and I want to fight with you anyway!!"

"Are you kidding us? Do you have any idea how dangerous that might be for you and your pup?" Hwanwoong warned the other omega. "You might get hurt and your conditions will make you weak!" He raised his voice. He didn't mean to but he couldn't help remembering the way the youngest omega had frozen in front of the beast they had defeated in the forest. Dongju hadn't been raised to be a fighter and, as much as he could appreciate his desire to help, it might had been too dangerous.

"I don't think you should come with us, Dongju, I'm sorry..." Seoho added with a concerned face.

Everyone looked at Gunhak who hadn't said a word yet. He was simply caressing the omega's back.

"It's just the beginning! I can fight! I want to help you! I don't want to leave you. I want to fight!" Dongju insisted, using the back of his hand to clean his mouth and he stood up on his shaky legs.

"No." Gunhak finally spoke, dead serious. "You're pregnant, Dongju. You're not coming with us."

Dongju's eyes were sad when they finally met the alfa's. "No! We're a pack! I said I want to help!"

"We are but-" Gunhak was already raising his voice but he froze as soon as he felt Seoho's hand on his shoulder. He was there to help him keep himself in control of his feelings. He took a deep breath: "To have a pup with you might be the happiest thing that would ever happen to me, Dongju." Everyone's eyes widened at his honesty. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you and with..." He couldn't help looking down at the other's belly. "I can't let you come with us and risk losing my second chance of happiness as if I didn't care about you. I care about you the most, Puppy."