The River

When Gunhak finally came back to his senses, he sniffed the air and, the first thing his nose caught was the peculiar scent of green musk that usually grew near rivers in that area while his ears focused on the relaxing sound of the water flowing right beside him. He remembered waking up and falling back to sleep for several times like flashes in his memory, but he had no idea how he had ended up sleeping by a river. Gunhak couldn't help immediately wondering if the silent young man in the cave with his green healing mixture had been some kind of dream as he finally managed to open his eyes, letting them adjust to the bright light of the morning sun.

As soon as he could clearly see what was surrounding him, Gunhak looked down on his body, noticing he was still in his wolf form and that his natural grey on top and white on the bottom fur looked dirty with a dark green dry dough. He blinked twice as the shadow of a smile appeared on his face: it hadn't been a dream after all. He tried to sit up straight on his four paws and he was impressed to notice he could actually do it, and also that he was definitely feeling good and rested as he hadn't felt in a while. He took a deep breath of fresh air and that was the moment he noticed a ball of ginger fur at the base of the nearest tree: the wolf who had cured him was sleeping curled up on himself like a pup.

Gunhak stood still where he was, unable to decide on what to do: he could have just run away or maybe he could have at least thanked the other for not letting him die in the forest. It didn't take him long to finally choose the second option, but he wasn't feeling like waking the other up so he took the chance to wash himself up in the river in the meantime: to step in the cool water felt like coming back to life. He didn't even realize when he had shifted back to his human form. He just knew it definitely felt good to caress his own human skin again and to happily notice how each one of his wounds and cuts had disappeared or turned into dark red scars, mercilessly marking his body.

When he walked out of the water, the other werewolf was awake and in his human form again. Gunhak studied the other's features with his eyes, noticing that he was a bit shorter than him although he didn't look any less build in muscle power. "I'm Gunhak. Who are you?" He asked.

The other didn't reply as he focused on Gunhak's body to check out his wounds. Gunhak awkwardly cleared his throat: "Oh, thank you for... You know..." He found himself struggling to continue what he was saying because the other had stepped forward until he was right in front of him. Gunhak watched him bent slightly down to look closely at the biggest scar on the alfa's chest, not knowing what else to do. Finally, he decided to let the other silently look at the results of his treatment so, he tried to stay still as he could smell the young man's scent better for the first time from that position.

Rosemary was the first that hit his nostrils as he strong as he remembered, but then something fresh and citrusy came along as well: orange. He immediately thought it was a kind of an unusually sweet scent for an alfa and, before he knew what he was doing, his nose had touched the other's hair, his curious instincts winning over for a moment.

As far as Gunhak knew, alfas couldn't stand each other scents. They could live with other alfas of course, he had grown up in a big pack with plenty of alfas and omegas and he knew they could peacefully live together but, personally, he had never let any alfa be that close to him without feeling like punching them or baring his fangs at them. That werewolf's scent was something else, something different, something that made him curious instead.

When Seoho realized the other was sniffing his hair, he quickly stepped away. He had just wanted to check how Gunhak's wounds were doing before going back to his life as a lone wolf and never see that alfa again. He knew he had already made a big mistake the moment he had decided to help him when he had found him unconscious and injured under the rain at the base of a tree, but he hadn't been able to pretend he hadn't seen him and walk away. Despite he hated himself for being that way, Seoho had always been too much caring since he was young. Growing up he had learnt how hurtful were the consequences of losing someone whom he cared about. That was the reason why he had chosen to keep living his life as a lone wolf. No pack, no feelings involved. He was happy to notice Gunhak's wounds had healed heavenly so, his job was done. He turned around, starting to walk away.