|Chapter 9|

POV: Skylar

"Where am I?" I yell into the white room where I'm chained to a chair. "Welcome Skylar." I could recognize that voice anywhere. It was Kyle. "Why are you doing this? Leave me the fuck alone Kyle!" I yell as he approaches from a corner. "Now why would I do that?" I'm terrified. Kyle was my best friend in middle school until he changed. I really don't like to talk about it, but he had raped me and tried to kill me afterwards. Luckily I escaped him, but he still had tried to kill me a couple other times. "Please. Just please Kyle." I plead as he approaches me with a knife in his hand. He takes my clothes off and cuts my body. "Please. Please stop." The tears run down my blood covered body. I then wake up covered in sweat and tears in a hospital bed.

Rob runs over to me. "Skylar! I'm so glad you're okay! Wait. What's wrong?" I can't tell him about the dream.
"N-nothing. Just a dream." I say as if I'm fine. "Okay, but remember you can tell me anything." I nod and he kisses my forehead.

POV: Rob

When she woke up crying, I knew something was wrong even though she said nothing was, but I just let it slide for this one time. I can't bare to see her in this hospital bed, but I'm so glad she is okay. I want to kiss her so badly, but I know I shouldn't. I don't want to make things awkward. She probably doesn't love me. She probably just said that because she was scared. Why would anyone love me? I'm just a failure.