|Chapter 1|

POV: Skylar

The sun burst through the window. I went to close the blinds, but realized that today was the day. Today was the day I left my best friend, my home, and everything I had become over 18 years. Today was the day my mom and I moved to Canada .

|FlashBack|

My mom burst through my door. "Wake up sunshine!" I jump out of bed and hug her. I can feel her happiness and excitement. "I can't believe it! I'm 18 today! It's finally July 15th! Only one more year left of high school!" I giggle into her shoulder. All of a sudden she ends the hug and looks down at me sadly. She looks into my eyes, then speaks. "Skylar... I-I-I'm sorry, but we are um moving in a month." I looked at her excitedly. "That's okay! I can't wait to show Jess the new house! Are we moving near her house?" I ask her quickly. She just looks at me confused. " I don't think you understand. Skylar we are moving to Canada." I feel a tear fall down my cheek.

|End of FlashBack|

As I thought of the memory I shed a tear, just thinking about how oblivious I was. I didn't want to leave Jess. She had been my best friend since we first met in grade 1. I sobbed into my pillow.

I heard a knock on my bedroom door. I went to answer it but before I do my mom walks in. "Hi, sweety. Are you all packed?" She asks, I just nod with tears in my eyes. She walks over and wipes the tears off of my cheeks. "I'm sorry, Skylar. We have to do this. I love you so much." I look her directly in the eyes and start to sob loudly. I manage to say "I love you too" through my sobs. She holds me tightly and rubs my back.

~10 minutes later~

"The movers will be here in 20 minutes and our flight leaves in 2 hours. Please make sure everything is packed" as she says this she gets up leaves. I decide to text Jess and get her to come over before I leave. To my surprise before I send it she is standing in my door frame. I run towards he hugging her tightly. "I'm going to miss you so much" she whispers to me. "You better!" I laugh, but then look at her with tears in my eyes. "I'm going to miss you so much too! We better skype and you better come visit, Canada." She nods with tears filling her eyes.

~Time skip to airport~

"Flight 1886 to Montreal, Canada. Now boarding at gate 16." The words boomed across the airport. I looked at my mom and she looked at me. We boarded the plane and noticed that she wasn't sitting with me. I was nervous, I'm a shy, geek and I don't really like people that much. We were about to leave, when someone scurried onto the plane. I didn't get to see his face, but then he sat down beside me. He looked at me, smiled and waved. I just turned away and looked out the window. He looked about my age. I felt a tap on my shoulder, I tried to ignore it but he kept tapping. I finally turned around. He looked at me with a goofy and childish grin. "Hi, I'm Robert, but you can call me Rob. What's your name?" I was looking at my feet trying to avoid eye contact. "Um. Hi. I-I-I'm Skylar." I replied nervously. He then giggled. I blushed, but then replied to his giggle. "What are you laughing at?" He smirked as he looked at my face. "Nothing. Nothing at all." He commented. Why was he lying? Can't he tell me what I did? Oh god I messed up! I said something stupid! He was watching me as I was mentally scolding myself. "You okay?" He asked, I then realized that I was a dark shade of red and looked angry. "Oh, um yeah I'm fine." I muttered the words out.

~Time skip to Montreal~

As we landed, Rob looked at me and gestured for me to go first. I nodded in appreciation. I caught up with mom, then all of a sudden someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around and saw a blushing Rob. "Um. Hi. I guess I will maybe see you again sometime?" He waved good bye, then scurried off almost running into a wall as he looked back at us. As he turned the corner, he was gone. My mom looked at me. "Who was that, Skylar?" She asked in an annoyed voice. "That was the guy who sat beside me on the plane. His name is Rob and he is also 18." I said with a huge grin on my face. She sighed as we walked to get our luggage.

~Time Skip to New House~

As we pulled into the drive way, my jaw dropped. The house was amazing. It might not have been amazing to other people, but for someone that grew up in a tiny apartment it was absolutely astonishing.

We went inside and set up the air mattresses, since our stuff wouldn't be here until tomorrow. "You start school in 2 weeks. We will go school shopping this weekend." My mom talked soothingly. I nodded, she knew I was terrified to start new schools.