|Chapter 6|

POV: Skylar

I felt the tears come and just ran out the door. I just couldn't trust anyone after my dad. I look at my phone to see that it's 10 at night. My mom is going to kill me.

POV: Jess

I start pacing around the room. "Oh god. Oh god!" I can't deal with this! Everyone is looking at me. I stop and look back. "We have to get her! Her mom! She is going to kill her!" I scream at them. "What are you talking about? Yeah so what her mom will be mad that she is late." Mitch looks at me as if I'm over reacting. "Um no Mitch! You don't understand!" "What do you mean, Jess?" Matt asks worriedly. "What I mean is her mom is going to be drunk, and will kill her!" Their eyes widen. "Have you not seen the scars and bruises?" I try to calm down. "Wait! What?" As they say this I realize that Skylar didn't tell them about it. "Just come on! We have to get her!" I yell at them and they jump to their feet. We run to Matt's car.

POV: Skylar

I was shivering in fear, the tears running down my face. I saw a bench so I sat down and just cried. I can't trust anyone. Dad left. It's because of me. If I let mom hurt me first he would still be here. He wouldn't have left us. We could have dealt with it together. But I had to let mom hurt him. Why? Why couldn't I be first? Why did he have to leave? Why did mom have to do this to us?

|Flashback|

"Shut the fuck up Dan!" Mom yelled at him as he fell to the floor pleading while blood poured from his head. He looks at me as tears run down my face. "I love you Skylar." With that his eyes close. "No! I love you daddy! Please no!" I sob as I see his limp body in front of me. "Stop being such a fucking idiot child!" With that she slaps me in the face. Everything goes dark. I wake up and he's gone. Blood on my moms hands as she cleans it off the floor.

|End of Flashback|

I shiver at the memory. I'm terrified for the day I'm the one on that floor. I have that hatred for her, but she seems so kind while sober, but I can see right through her mask. She isn't kind even when she is sober. She just lies to everyone's face! I can't believe her! I want my dad back! With that I can't keep my eyes open any longer. I fall asleep right there. Right on that bench.