Chapter 13

"You look fabulous!" A raven haired woman kissed Elaine on her cheek with a greeting smile, as a return, Elaine also placed a kiss on her cheek, as Jared had a fun chat with her other cousins. Amatus, dressed perfectly in a dazzling suit, he slip beside Jared and they began to converse amicably." Marching towards them in a graceful manner, Elaine looked absolutely breathless in her strapless blue dress. "Shall we start our dance?" Amatus said to the DJ, as a response, the DJ nodded and played a slow, romantic, and classic music. Meeting each other's eyes, Jared shot her a dashing smile, "You look rather stunning, my dear." He whispered close to her ear as he wrapped his left arm around her waist, pulling her close to him, their hands intertwined, Elaine could feel his warm breath on her neck, she replied, "You never fail to make me blush, dear." Her sudden change of nickname made Jared feel a sudden rush of excitement, making him grin wider and his cheeks, he could feel them turning rosy. In a slow, elegant move, they danced on the dance floor gallantly.

After the wonderful, romantic dance. Elaine went to her cousins to enjoy her evening, Jared felt safe for her to have fun. Sitting on a chair, he kept watching the innocent flavored beer on his hand. He recalled the happenings before they came to this far place and the reason why, the real reason. 

                                                      **************Before***********************

"Please, just Josh." He sat on the couch in an elegant manner before handing Jared a document he summoned by using his talent. Noticing Jared's astonished expression, "I'm in Blue Class. You're Siami's classmate, yes?" He asked in a soothing tone, Jared nodded in return as he sat on the couch and slowly read the document. It was silent for a while until certain words distracted Jared from his reading, "She was a kind student." he averted his gaze around the room while Jared placed the paper on the table in front of them and grasped his hands together, "Kind? I have always thought she was cold-hearted. Like her brother, Dan." Josh held his laugh by smiling amusingly, "You're kidding?" Jared shook his head. And in surprise, Josh laughed sincerely. "May I know more about her? I received news that she went missing, but I kno-" "Let me cut you off there, Siam is very known by her close friends by her mind games. And I can assure you, she's alive and well. Also, Dan and Siami aren't 'biologically siblings' they tend to treat each other like one, but Dan's real last name isn't 'Veloir'. " Jared was left speechless, he had so many questions, "Ca- can I-?!" "No, I'm afraid I can't arranged a meeting between you and Siami, she's very busy with her new mission." His rosy lips curled up into a sweet smile. "You must be going to a party, do you recognize the name 'Amatus'?" Jared wondered for a while, he nodded seconds after, "Siami is a schoolmate of his!" He smiled, "Oh, so she changed schools?" Josh nodded, "She also changed her appearance!" Jared seemed unfazed by his remark. "So, why are you handing me an information of these random ass dudes?"

"Ahaha... well. These 'dudes' are... how do I say this. They're more to be seen as enemies of mine. As much as I want to get rid of them myself, I would rather do my work as the president of the Math Club." He mumbled, loud enough to convince Jared. "Should I invite Dan?" Josh beamed, "That would be nice, he'll be happy."

                                                           *****************present****************

"Should this be legal?" Dan questioned Jared as they waited for the party to end, "Thanks to Stachy, I could finally drug Elaine." He muttered. After the party, Elaine passed out due to the drug Jared had put on her drink, placing her on the back of his car. He knew what to do next.

Their location was in the middle of a large mountain. The mountain had four buildings and all were far from each other, one was a house party, a warehouse, an old cabin, and an old slaughterhouse. There were five men, and there are Jared and Dan. "You sure you can do this?" Dan amusingly smiled at Jared, "You look rather calm." Dan chuckled in return, "You can stay in the car if you don't have the balls to kill 'em." Jared felt annoyed somehow and ignored him, from the party house, they took a slow stroll around the building until deciding to head to the old cabin. "There." a tall, red haired man stood on the front porch of the cabin as the started to smoke cigarette. "Isn't he still in high school or something?!" Dan whispered. "I'll take care of him." Dan stated as he pulled out a long, thick daggers behind him. The two had different designs, the one on the right looked more of a Tanto with it's handle black and gold. The one on the left looked more rather like a Thai Traditional Sword. 

"Here, you can... use this one." Dan handed Jared the Tanto as he held tight the one on the left, "What about that one?" He murmured, "Oh, this belongs to my sister, I promised to take care of it." He said before swiftly disappearing and soon, he appeared on the red haired man's back, kicking him, as the man fell on the floor, the man pulled out a gun and with such speed, in which he injured Dan's cheek, "You asshole." Dan pulled out the Thai Sword and made the man fall on his knees, but before he could reach the ground again, he pierced it on the man's chest, then through his skull. As blood dripped and sprinted out of the man's body, Dan checked the surroundings, "AACK-" the man groaned in pain as Jared stabbed him to death, "One, two, three..." The fourth one was already alerting in their minds, suddenly, Jared was thrown on the ground, and with a thud, Dan fell unconscious as he hit the roof. Jared moaned in pain as the fourth man kicked him while on the ground, he tried to defend himself, but the man was nowhere to be seen. Blood was everywhere, he could kill this man instantly but... "Alright, I had fun." Instead of a man, "Stachy?!" Jared looked up, "I'm satisfied now, this is your lesson to keep your promise sometimes, now I owe Josh a favor." "Stachy-! Why did you-?!" "Hush now, I'm trying to find home." "You aren't gonna heal me?" "Ugh, no." 

"OMYGAWD JARED?!" Elaine rushed to him as she almost bursted into tears, "Shh, I'm alright. let's- ugh... Let's go home, dear." He smiled as he placed a peck on her forehead. Driving to his house, he felt a sudden thought. He stopped the car. "Uh- Jared?" "Hold on, I need to check something, stay here. Lock the door. Understood?" She nodded, "Alright, love you." he kissed her cheek, "Love you too..."

Going to the back, a chill washed over him, he took the garbage bags and threw them on the lake, "Back, alright." And so, he drove off.

At home, Jared's wounds were healed by Elaine and the pain of his bruises slowly disappeared as he could feel Elaine's embrace and the warm touch of her fingers.

....

"The police has reported that three bodies, a skin of a man's face and parts of a human body has been found floating towards the lake, they have not yet identified who these victims were, this is Ami, back to you, Kel."

******************************        ************************************

"Jared...?" 

"Shhh, back to sleep."

"I will, I just wanted to ask you something."

"Yes?"

"Where are your parents and your brother?"

"..."

"Jared?"

"..."

"Dear?"

"They said they won't be coming back here, my dad already handed me his work, so there's no need to worry."

"But Jared-"

"Would you like to have a glass of water, dear?"