Chapter 10

"Good night." she muttered, "Jared." He stopped on his track, "Yeah?" She faced him as she tried to hold back her tears, "While- while killing Dalton... I had a vision... Can you do me a favor?" Jared didn't understand her but he agreed, "I need you to... do your best to have Elaine, I'm afraid that in the near future, I won't be able to help you and also... please protect my brother for me." She smiled as tears flowed, "I-... alright. I promise you." He nodded and turned away. There, she cried as her sobs echoed through the empty hallway.

Is a person's life worth saving? Perhaps, if you were a merciful, caring one. Or maybe that person is important to you.

Shaky breath and his face full of bruises, hands were covered with cuts and a seed of doubt planted on his mind. He held his breath, slowly lifting his head, the man just stared at him, there was something in his eyes, something Jared couldn't tell. Was it pity? Anger? Guilt? 

As his wounded arm started to expose his beautiful crimson blood, Jared had thought that the man has given mercy to him, he was dead wrong. The man raised him above from the snowy floor and slammed him down, with a loud painful groan, Jared felt nauseous and dizzy. The man wasn't injured, bleeding or had any open wounds. He muttered something under his breath as the man positioned himself into a position most boxers do as what Jared had seen on T.V. Another force pushed into his face, his face was visibly swollen. He rested himself on the ground as he feel like dying, he won't die embarrassing himself. As the man glared his eyes at Jared, he let his guard down as he believed Jared had no chance to win, turning around, Jared took this opportunity, grabbing the knife he took from their rented house and threw it on the man, a small knife leaves a small cut, and a small cut leaves a small drop of blood. Before the man could charge at him, he opened his palm and directly faced it on the man. Dark red liquid slowly flowed into the air as his blood and the man's blood combined, elegantly lifting his head with his eyes shut, flowing into the air, his eyes focused on the man and he struck at the man as the blood turned solid in a graceful manner. The man screamed in pain as Jared collected the blood in his veins, the man's eyes bled, his nose and every openings showed the beautiful crimson blood hiding underneath. 

Meanwhile....

Trying to understand this man's intentions, Elaine closed her eyes, She could escape now by using her talent but she was scared of being arrested for murder, she could make him fall asleep but she's scared that she might face more men outside that door. She didn't have chance of escaping, "Trying to figure out my plan?" The boy spoke, "No, I am trying to figure out on why you are kidnapping me!" Her voice shook the building, "Calm down. I only want your father's money, and I need you to behave" 

"No, you have to behave." A voice from behind alarmed the boy, Jared stood there, soaked in blood. Elaine felt her blood running cold. And with a flash, Jared covered her eyes with his palm. A loud, painful scream escaped from Mico's lips.

"I'm sorry for making you wait, are you ok? Did he hurt you?" His eyes were full of worry. Elaine felt her cheeks go red, Siami was burning the body, she smiled at the two as Jared slowly examined Elaine to see if she was alright.

"You're alright." he sighed in relief.

She pulled a coin out of here pocket and gave it to both of them, "Here. Use this to get out of this building." Elaine stared at Siami, "Are you okay? You have a lot of cuts." Siami grinned at her, "I'm fine." footsteps started to head towards them, "Go. now." Her voice remained calm as she pulled out her whip. Jared kissed the coin and they disappeared. 

....

"Are you sure?" Elaine helped Jared heal his wounds, "Yeah, I'm fine." Elaine couldn't stand to just look at him, he was avoiding eye contact also, Elaine hummed... "Close your eyes...." She sang as her hand glowed, "Seek for comfort, no more lies...." She continued to sing while Jared could only listen to her sing... "There, much better." She smiled as Jared thanked her for healing him, "Are you okay? Do you have a fever?" He shook his head, "No-no..."

Hazel on the other hand was panicking, "Is everything alright?" Jared came near her, "No! Siami's in danger!" She kissed a coin and disappeared, "HAZEL-?!" for what only seemed like seconds, the building exploded. Jared stared at the building, his eyes almost teared up, Siami was still there, she didn't have the chance to escape. His chest felt tight, his wounds started to appear and it bled... "But.... Siami and Hazel are..." Elaine covered her face. Jared reached for her and embraced her tightly. "I... Elaine..." Jared muttered under his breath, "I love you." she flinched, slowly lifting her head, she blushed as she buried her face on his chest. "I... love you too." He smiled.

....

The whole class became quite the entire day, no one would expect Siami, the quiet girl in class to be reported as missing.

"Would you like to go on a date with me?"

"Jared?"

Elaine laughed at her boyfriend as he covered his face on the bouquet of roses on his hand, "Of course, I would love to." She accepted the flowers and gave him a smooch on his cheek, to only make his blush go deeper. "You look very pretty today." She giggled, "You always flatter me, Jared. You look very handsome today also." She held his hand on her right as they both strolled through sidewalk heading to the 'Innocent Café'. 

As they arrived in the café, a waiter greeted them and led them to their seat, she handed them a menu and soon leaves... 

"May I take your order?" a familiar voice, Jared turned his head to the waiter, "Oh." he said, almost disappointed, "Pardon?"

"Sorry, you sound like someone I know."

"Oh, I see. That's alright, may I take your order."

"One black coffee and one Mocha. And one box of macaroons and fruit tartlets, please."

"Alright."

After a few minutes, Jared went to get their order until...

When he came back, he almost dropped their order, a sudden feeling of anger, wrath and greed. 'Who dares to touch what belongs to me.'