Chapter 2

"Haiku is a Japanese poetic form that consists of three lines, with five syllables in the first line, seven in the second, and five in the third. In total of fifteen syllables." The teacher turned her attention to the class, "Can anyone guess the next poem we're going to tackle about today?" No one answered, the teacher averted her eyes to the girl on the first row, "Siami?" The girl lifted her head and stood up, "Tanka, ma'am." The teacher nodded and considered her answer, "May you explain what a Tanka is?" She nodded, "Tanka, in literature, a five-line, 31-syllable poem that has historically been the basic form of Japanese poetry." She sat down. Elaine was sitting two chairs behind her, she wasn't exactly surprised since this girl is the Vice President of the Literature Club. 

Lunch

"You talked?!" Andreah chewed on her sandwich while speaking to Elaine, "Hehe, yeah. But that doesn't say I still have feelings for him." Aliyah was with her bestfriend so she wasn't sitting with them, only Andreah and Elaine, "By the way, Andreah. Your crush~" she whispered as a tall handsome boy walked pass them, Andreah glared at Elaine, "AHAHAHAHA Gurl you are red." She wheezed. They were having a fun chat until one group caught Elaine's eye, "Girl, is that...?" Andreah turned her head, "Oh, yeah. The Literature Club president just arrived.  He's quiet handsome, isn't he?" Elaine stared at the girl beside him, Siami, her classmate. "Right, Elaine. I heard your club's gonna be performing next month, did you practice?" Elaine was part of a choir, it's not really counted as a club but more like a group. "Yeah~ and don't worry, I practiced enough." Andreah gestured her to look at her left and she did, Jared was sitting with that cheerleader again. She ignored them. 

After lunch goes class, and then club activities.

"Elaine." A stern voice called her from behind, "Yes Sir?"  Sir Yu, their P.E. teacher was Elaine's closest teacher since her father and him were friends, "This is the students' school program/schedule. Can you and Andreah give this to out new student?" Andreah and Elaine exchanged glances, "There's a new student?!" The teacher laughed, "Yes, his name is Fred L. Francis." "The Vocalist and the President of the Music Club!" They happily accepted the mission and dashed, "Hays... kids these days.."

Fred was outside the Literature Club talking with the President, "Good afternoon, Fred Francis and Nemoverin Decomondez, Sir. Yu has told us to give you the students school program/schedule." Fred didn't move his head and only averted his gaze, he took the sheet of bond paper and thanked them. After that, Elaine and Andreah were screaming inside.

"Elaine!" "Oh, Haren, what is it?" Haren, a member of their choir, had a crush on Elaine from the very first time of their meeting, as he calls it, 'love at first sight'. 

"Hey, Elaine, about the practice...."

Jared's Point Of View:

"Alright that's enough!" Their captain called for us.

I was drinking my water as Ralphuel walked towards me, "So is it official?" I tilted my head in confusion, "Official?" He rolled his eyes in return, "I meant is it official that you and that cheerleader girl are dating." His statement froze me...

"No, no way in hell."

"Yeah right."

"I'm serious."

"So am I!"

I ignored him as I packed my things in my bag and started to head out, "Yo, wait for me!" 

I was walking towards my locker, as expected, nothing. To be honest, I do miss her amusing love letters. I was about to close my locker when I saw Elaine talking to Haren, her admirer. I still can't believe he still likes her after so many rejections... I was alright when they were talking but a wave of cold air washed over me as I saw him hold her hand while she smiles, are they dating? Perhaps they are but... wait. Why do I care?!

"Jared!" Ralphual ruined my thoughts and I felt grateful for that. "Oh, it's Haren and Elaine, I heard Haren has deep feelings for her and there are rumors she like him too, well, good for them." Again, the feeling returned.

Then, over-thinking starts, what if she actually likes him? Did she find me boring now? But our conversation last night... 

"My head hurts..." I mumbled

"It's alright to be jealous sometimes bro."

"Wtf."

"Jared, it's you." A familiar voice spoke behind me, "Fred?" he kept quiet... "Fred?!" I ran towards him and embraced him tightly, "It's been so long!" "It's only been three months."

Fred's attention was moved, "And I can see your girl has been stolen, loser."