The First Task

November 1, 1994, Tent

You know what? I think Kronos hates me.

Harry's thoughts has been like that. Kronos hates me or Kronos wants me dead and all that. But Kronos has never been a...good titan. From what Harry learned from Bellatrix, Kronos was the father of the six gods who became Olympians.

Except for Hestia and Hades.

Which sounds really unfair to Harry because Hestia is the nicest goddess ever! And Hades has been loyal to his godly wife. Unlike two of his younger brothers.

*cough* *cough* Zeus and Poseidon *cough* *cough*

Anyways, Kronos ate his five kids the moment they were born, except for Zeus...sadly. So Zeus was raised in a cave by a nymph named Amalthaea. Although Harry was not sure because he hardly pays attention thanks to his ADHD.

"Harry, you okay?" Cedric's voice brought the boy back to reality.

"Oh...hi Cedric"

"You okay bud?" Cedric asked again as he sat next to Harry.

"I'm fine. Just in thoughts, that's all" Harry reassured, giving Cedric a small smile.

A moment later the tent opened up to reveal Bagman with a small brown pouch that was moving around and making noises. Behind him was Rita Skeater. Harry remembered her as she was trying to get 'juicy' info out of him in a small cupboard.

"Welcome champions!" Bagman exclaimed excitedly.

"Today is the first task and I hope you have been preparing the two months you were given" Bagman said.

"And as probably most of you know, I am Ludo Bagman and I'm from the Department of Magical Games and Sports"

"Anyways," Bagman continued. "Today's first task is dragons!"

Everyone froze. Dragons!? Are they insane! There is a fourteen-year-old participating as well.

"In this pouch there is four dragons that you will face. The task is to get the golden egg in the dragons nest" Bagman said, still smiling.

"Ladies first"

Bagman went to Fleur. The Beauxbaton girl hesitantly put her hand inside. It took a moment or two until she chose a dragon.

"Ah, a Welsh Green dragon. From the number on its back looks like you're going second" Bagman smiled at Fleur and went to Viktor.

Viktor Krum did the same as Fleur, only difference is that Viktor had more confidence in facing the dragon whether dangerous or not.

"Excellent! The famous Viktor Krum shall be facing the Chinese Fireball and is going after Miss Delacour. Meaning that Mister Krum shall be going third" Bagman said happily before moving to Cedric.

Cedric was anxious and scared. He was NOT prepare to face a dragon. Or any kind of dragon in that manner!

"Hmm, seems like Mister Diggory shall be going first and is facing a Swedish Short-Snout"

Cedric visibly paled about going first. But he gulped down that fear and tried to look determined. He was representing not only Hogwarts, but his House. Cedric was a proud Hufflepuff.

Bagman went to Harry and looked sadly at him. Bagman himself did not know what the dragons were nor what was in the bag. So when Harry pulled his dragon out, he paled.

"Oh my...seems like young Potter is facing the Hungarian Horntail and shall be going last" Bagman said gravely.

Harry was shaking. He read about the Hungarian Horntail in Charlie's book. Apparently, a mother Horntail is extremely protective of her eggs and will kill with no hesitation when she something's that is a threat.