Chapter Fifty-Six

When Changbin woke up to the wind howling, he realized he should probably go find Chan. He had never experienced a hurricane and who else would know more about them than the leader of their band? Lennon softly snored beside him with her face buried in a pillow.

Strands of light and dark hair were tangled together. He gently brushed her hair out of her face before he forced himself to stop touching her. After their devil's tango, he took a shower in Lennon's bathroom. He was too embarrassed to face Chan knowing that he still had a pulsing boner in his shorts. A cold shower brought him back to his senses. 

By the time he came out, Lennon was sound asleep. Arms wrapped around a pillow with her legs tucked up to her chest. She had pulled her shorts back on and pushed her shirt down. The traces of twenty minutes prior had completely disappeared. 

Maybe it was wrong of him, but he couldn't help himself. She was sleeping on the far side of the bed. There was just enough space for him to slither in and sleep next to her; so that's exactly what he did. Chan was going to have to wait. 

Pushing himself off her bed hours later and out the door, he hurried back towards the room he shared with Chan. He let out a gleeful whistle as he yanked his hotel key card out of his pocket and inserted it into the slot. Upon opening the door, Chan sat cross legged on his bed. 

"Let me guess, you've been up all night?" He asked. 

Chan shook his head. "No, I got like three hours of sleep. Where have you been?" 

"I was in Lennon's room." 

"Doing what?" His eyebrows had risen, "all night?" 

He lied to him without a hitch. "Get your mind out of the gutter, Chan. She didn't want to be alone because of the rain. She's also incredibly hungover and she's never had one of those before." 

"I forgot about that. Is she okay? I remember how shitty my first hangover was." 

"She has a headache and she threw up a lot, but she's fine. I gave her some medicine and forced her to drink water. When she gets up, I'll make her eat something." 

"It's nice seeing the two of you finally getting along." 

"Yeah, it feels really nice." A small smile started forming on Changbin's face. "I feel a lot happier. I really, really, really like her Chan. I'm pissed at myself for treating her the way I did. I should have never treated her like that. Nobody deserves to be treated like that." 

Chan clicked a few buttons on his laptop and closed it. "Well, you're right. Nobody deserves to be treated like shit unless they're an asshole. I hope this has made you learn a valuable lesson. You can't just hide your feelings forever. They'll always find a way to slip through the cracks no matter how much you try to ignore them." 

"Yeah, I know. I just wish I could find a proper way to fully make it up to her. I keep coming up with all of these ideas, but I'm not sure they're any good." 

"I'm sure you'll find something soon. Maybe you'll get an idea if you interact with her more. Sometimes people reveal a lot about themselves just by a simple conversation." 

"I guess I'll just have to keep digging. So about this hurricane, has it already started? Should we be concerned? Should we be moving down to ground level?" 

Chan couldn't help, but chuckle. "We'll be fine, it's only a first level category. It's just a lot of wind and rain. As long as we stay away from the ocean, we'll be fine." 

"But the ocean is right behind us!"  

"There's a lot of distance between us and the ocean. Besides, this hotel is located on a hill. Even if the water levels drastically rise, there's a lot lower chance we'll have flooding or anything here. It's already started and it's been happening for a few hours, but we'll be fine." 

"I guess that cancels out day two of beach day. With the concert canceled, we're just trapped here and it'll be super boring." 

"I'm sure we can find something else to entertain ourselves. There's a pool downstairs and a weight room, remember?" 

"Oh shit, I forgot!" 

"How about you go and get dressed?" Chan glanced down at the apple watch on his wrist. "You go get dressed and we'll see if everyone else is up. We'll order room service and just spend the day chilling together." 

"You don't have to tell me twice."