Chapter Ninety-Seven

While the band and Lennon talked in the living room, Chan got permission from Lee Know to use the opposite dorm to host an emergency Chan's Room live stream. He didn't ask for permission from management, he just did it. He placed his laptop on the coffee table and sat down in front of it. 

He took a moment to adjust the black beanie on his head before he hit the button to go live. Comment after comment blew up the chat. He scanned through them quickly. He couldn't stop the chuckle from coming out. 

"I know, I know, this wasn't planned. I'll make this as quick as possible. There are some things that need to be addressed."  

What did we do? 

Ohhh this is about the Lennon thing isn't it?

He's about to tear our asses to pieces. 

"I'll wait a few moments to give everyone time to show up. I know it was unexpected. How is your day going? Mine is going, it's been okay." 

How was the American tour?

I've missed you!!

"The American tour was great. It's always nice to see the American Stays. If you guys have seen our Instagram, you'll be able to see some of the photos we took there. We went to Central Park and that was pretty fun. I've missed you guys too." 

He looked through the chat and answered a few more questions. After about five minutes, a sigh left his body. "You guys know I hate lecturing you. Nobody likes lecturing their fans. For those of you who don't know, a video appeared on Twitter this morning with our makeup artist." 

He went on to explain what happened in the video. As he talked about it, he felt the anger inside of him reignite. No matter how angry he got, he had to keep it under control. The company was already going to be mad he was addressing this. If he got red in the face and started yelling, it'd only make things worse. 

"I shouldn't have to say this, but please don't harass Lennon. Don't harass any of our staff members. They do an amazing job at getting us where we need to go. They make us look good and we love our staff. Our staff members shouldn't have to deal with harassment online and especially not in person." 

We're sorry Channie :( 

WHAT HAPPENED ON TWITTER? I THINK I MISSED SOMETHING 

"No matter the rumors and whatnot, our staff members have a job to do. Their jobs are hard enough dealing with the eight of us, there's no need to make it worse for them." He reached back and scratched the back of his neck. He couldn't bring himself to look at the screen. 

"Over the internet, I think we forget how easy it is to lose ourselves. It's easy to forget that people are people. Especially, when you have an anonymous account and nobody knows who you are. It's easy to hide behind a screen. However, people have feelings and thoughts and dreams. Nobody deserves to be harassed for just doing their job." 

"When I think of this fandom, I like to think that it feels like home. People are nice and accepting and lovely, but sometimes some of you forget that. Sometimes you forget that we're not perfect and we're people too. We have thoughts and feelings, we can't turn off our emotions. We might be idols, but we deserve the chance to do what we want to do too." 

Lennon and Changbin are totally together. 

He pulled his eyes away from the comment and went on. "We love our fans so much, and I speak for the whole band when I say this, but please remember we're human too. We have families and we create bonds with people we love. We're allowed to make new friends and try different things. We're allowed to dictate our lives the way we want to." 

Tell that to JYP! He should let you cuss on camera! LET CHAN SAY FUCK!

The comment took him off guard and made him laugh. "Okay, so maybe there are a few things we can't do as idols. That doesn't change the fact that we're people. When the cameras turn off and when the concerts end, we do our own things." 

We'll do better. 

We love you!!!!!! 

"I know it's short and I'll be back with a proper full length episode soon, I promise. Just please remember that your words can make a positive or negative impact on people. I'll see you guys soon!" He smiled and waved to the camera. "Don't forget that the world could use a little more kindness." 

WE LOVE YOU!! 

BYE CHANNIE <3 

And with a final click, the stream ended.