Chapter 46

Once I finished my mug of milk, I just deposed it on the table in the kitchen and I looked at Chara. Once she saw that I was looking at her, she smiled at me, but it wasn't what I wanted at this moment. "What's wrong ?" She asked me, I sighed as I didn't have any clue to say it. "Today's the day." I just said, she looked confused but she seemed to have an idea about the subject. "What day ..." She said as she trailed off, looked like she knew about it. "We'll have a 5th person in this house." I said, she seemed surprised but she nodded. "Are you sure ? I mean, you think we're ready to go ?" She asked, I could feel some stress from her voice. "Yeah, we'll wait Adam and Violet to wake up, once they're ready to engage a serious subject, I'll drop the news." I said, looking at my dagger that I just created. 

"I'll free him, we'll free him." I said, feeling more than determined. "Of course, because that's what you want, right ?" Chara said, I looked up to look at her, and I saw that her red eyes shimmered brilliantly. I was surprised to see that, but then again, I found myself smiling because of that. "Of course." I said as I approached Chara, and hugging her. She quickly hugged me back as I heard a door being opened.

"Those lovely birds starts early in the morning." Adam said, I scoffed a bit and sat down on the couch. Then I wanted to talk about it as soon as we could. "When you two are awake enough, we'll talk about something serious." I said as I nodded at Adam, he seemed to know what was the subject. Then again, that's the only thing I could be that serious.

*

"Alright, what's the matter Y/N ?" Adam asked after Violet and him finished their breakfast. I sighed as I had just one idea in mind. "Today's the day you'll meet my brother." I said, unlike the day before where he had trouble to know what was going on. There, he instantly understood. "If I knew I would've trained more. Why today ?" He asked, he was right after all. Why that day ?

"Because if we wait to be ready, we'll never be. No matter how much we train, how much we think about the best or worst case scenarios. The only thing that matters, is that we need to accomplish it. Whatever it might cost us." I said, looking at Adam right in the eyes. "I need you all to understand, that all of that, is because of me. I am the one who asked you to help me, and I couldn't be more grateful. But, if you don't want to risk anything, that's understandable, so please, tell me truthfully if you are ready or not yet." I said, standing up and going into my room. "I'll prepare myself, that'll let you some time to think." I finished as I entered my room.

I finished preparing myself, after all I just needed to put on some pants and some t-shirt. But then, when I touched my door handle. I felt something changing around me. I looked around but I didn't see anything remotely close to being suspicious. So I just shook it off and walked out of my room.

And when I looked at the living room, I saw that Adam, Violet and Chara were putting on their shoes. I just laughed loudly as I implicitly said to them that it could go very badly. "You are a bunch of crazy people." I said as I took my steel-toes boots and started to put them on. "It could be crazier if you were to be the only one who wanted to free your brother." Chara said, I just smiled as I looked at my boot's laces. "She's right, how could I not help you save your little brother." Adam said, a hint of smugness in his voice. "We're all friends. Even more than that, we're as close as a family, we can't just stay here while you go save your only family left." Violet said, I couldn't be happier than this moment. So I just laughed as I finished to put on my boots.

"Welp, let's go free that helpless brother." I said, opening the front door. As we walked out, I instantly noticed the magic around me being shifted. I didn't recognize that magic presence. Violet, too, felt it as she instantly looked at me as if she wanted to have the confirmation. I just nodded to her to tell her that we weren't alone. Adam and Chara looked at me and they noticed that I was ready to jump on any occasion. 

"Found you." I heard an unknown voice saying that from above, I looked up to see that small badge on his left side of his torso. Institute's symbol. Then, I saw a orange spear blocking the strike who came at me, I shook my head as I just punched the person. Then, I saw a red knife spawning and slightly cutting his cheek. I summoned a dagger and stabbed his thigh's nerves. "Spread." I said as I wanted that guy to not move.

"Let's see, your magic was noticeable, but not as powerful than a Class 5. You're, at most, a Class 4." I said out loud my thought. The person just laughed as I looked at him. "They know your plan. They know that you'll rescue your brother, they just needed confirmation. And now they got it, I just need to tell them and you'll say adios to your bro-" He started to say, but I stopped him by shoving his face into the warm concrete. "I'm sorry. What did you said ?" I asked him, I could only see pain on his face as his blood was pouring out of his nose. "Th-they'll move your br-brother out of Diaz's bui-" He started to say but I once again shoved his face into the ground. Then, when I wanted to put him up, I saw that his eyes were closed, but he was still breathing.

"Fucking bitch." I said as I got up. "We need to go, and fast." I only said, as they all nodded, I started to run towards Diaz's building.

Don't worry Paul, we'll get you out of there.