Chapter 17

I was somewhere, the area was pitch black. I tried to look around to see if there was anything here. To my surprise, there wasn't any form of life here. I knew that I was knocked out because I broke the Barrier. So that's my mental area ? Interesting.

"You surely are interesting, human." A voice said, its voice wasn't something I knew. How the fuck can someone talk in my own brain. "You love to break things am I right ?" The voice continued. I tried to look around but I still found nothing. "You love to break the rules, to break the Barrier. What's next ? You'll break your promise made for Chara ?" It said, this time, it angered me more that I'd thought. "Who are you ?" I asked out loud. "You don't know me for sure. But I know you, Y/N. I know everything you did, especially on the Surface." It said, I clenched my fist as the voice was taunting me. "Oh yeah ? If you're here, why won't you show up ?" I asked, the voice laughed. "Too bad, you can't see me as for now. Maybe later~" It said, I scoffed as the thing was amused. "I won't see your ugly face soon enough, that's good." I said, I could hear the voice scoffed as well. "I like that attitude. You might be better." It said, it confused me but I shook it off.

I could feel some hot feeling at my heart and my soul. It felt like I was tucked in a warm blanket. "Seems like you'll wake up soon enough. See you later, Y/N." The voice said, and as soon as its words ended, my eyes jolted open.

*

I looked around to see that I was in a bed, with several people around me. Papyrus, Toriel, Chara, Asriel, Adam, Violet and one more fluffy monster. I somehow knew that it was Chara's dad, as he was wearing a scientist coat and using a green magic on my soul, healing magic. 

"Didn't know I was an attraction." I said, smiled a bit. They all looked at me surprised. "Come on, I can't die that easily." I said. Then, I heard sighing of reliefs. I looked down to my torso to see my soul floating up. Well, everyone know like that.

"Y/N ! You scared the shit out of us." Toriel said, Chara and Adam nodded. "Mom !" Asriel said, Chara's dad laughed a bit. "Alright, the human might need some space, please leave the room." He said to everybody. They all nodded, minus Chara and Adam. "Can we stay here ?" Chara asked. The dad looked at me, I nodded as he sighed. "Alright." He said, Chara and Adam smiled.

"My name is Asgore, Royal Scientist and father of Asriel and Chara. Thank you. Even if I worked to break the Barrier, you destroyed it quickly. The monsters can't thank you enough." Asgore introduced himself, he even bowed. I laughed a bit. "No need to bow to me, I just did what I wanted." I said, Asgore resumed a normal posture.

"You still scared us you idiot. How come you wouldn't talk to me about that ?" Chara asked. I smiled a bit at her. "Because you could think that I broke our promise, I wanted you to be surprised as much as everyone, minus Adam." I said, Adam scratched his neck and smiled, Chara looked at him with a dead expression. "Hey, he asked me to not snitch on him !" He exclaimed, I laughed and I saw Asgore smile. "Alright alright, are you feeling any different ?" Asgore asked. 

I moved my arms around, didn't feel something wrong. "Can I walk around Doc ?" I asked, he seemed to think a little before nodding. I got out from the medical bed and walked around, I felt a little weak but I managed to walk around, that could be repaired by some rest. "Not feeling anything different." I said, he nodded and smiled. "Incredible, you surely are interesting." He said, his words triggered something  in my brain, remembering my dream, and the voice.

I summoned a dagger and then I felt some pain in my soul. I fell on my knees panting. "Y/N !" Chara yelled, rushing to help me. "Are you okay ?  What's wrong ?" She asked me while she put me on the bed. "Thanks Chara." I thanked her, I took a breath as I looked at her. "I used a whole lot of Determination and Perseverance to break the Barrier. My magic might be unstable because of that." I explained. "It make sense, human souls are potent for magic, but unlike us, you can't regenerate magic with healing magic or magic food." Asgore said. "Then how can it regenerate ?" I asked. Asgore smiled as he probably saw the little worries I had on my face. "Don't be scared. Us, monsters, need those means to regenerate. But human's magic can regenerate with time, the time it takes is different between each humans. You'll recover soon enough." He said, smiling. "Thanks Doc." I thanked him, he chuckled as he shook his head. "Come on, let's go at the previously Barrier." He said, leaving the room.

"Can you walk normally ?" Chara asked me, I nodded as I started to walk, with a little difficulty. "Come on Y/N, you're limping a little." Adam said, he shook my head. "Don't worry, I'll be fine to walk there." I said, then I fell a little. "Fucking hell." I said, I wasn't in pain, but it was troublesome. Then, Chara took my arm and put it around her neck, supporting me. Then she put her arm around my torso. "I feel like I won't have a word in this." I said, Chara laughed and Adam smiled at me. "You absolutely won't." Chara said, and with that, we started to walk towards the Barrier.

Once we arrived at the Throne Room, we saw Sans and Papyrus talking. Sometime it would be heated, sometime it would be calm. But at the end, they were hugging each other, seems like their brotherly fight was over. 

"It's cool to see that you made up." I said, the skeletons brothers looked at us, Sans smiled a bit as Papyrus smiled broadly. "There you are ! Are you alright ?" Papyrus asked me. "I'm fine, Chara's helping me after all." I said, smiling. I looked at Chara to see her smiling, she turned her face to look at me, and her smile just grew. It was beautiful, merged with her shining red eyes, it felt like I glanced at a divine beauty. I turned my head to hide my blush from her and Adam looked at me. He smirked and jabbed my ribs a little.

"Come on Barrier Breaker, you need to see what you did." Adam said, walking ahead of us with Papyrus and Sans. "Are you good ?" Chara asked me, I looked at her and smiled. "Yes, let's go." I said, and with that we walked towards the Barrier.

Even if I don't want to return to the Surface, if I was with Chara, I felt like it would be better than before.