Chapter 33

As we ended the hug, I looked at Chara's eyes, and once again, I found myself hypnotized by them, they really were the most beautiful thing I've seen in my life.

"I don't want to put yourself in a embarrassing mood, but truly, your eyes are magnificent." I said without a single thought in my mind. Chara was surprised and blushed as she was looking anywhere but me. She repositioned herself to face the TV. I did the same as I wasn't trying to embarrass her more. "Sorry to say that out of the blue." I apologized as I quickly looked at my right. I saw her hiding her face with her hands. But I could clearly see her blush. "N-No, it's just that... Nobody complimented my eyes before." She said, I remembered what she told me, that her eyes wasn't liked by her people before falling. "They were just a bunch of assholes. Just because red eyes aren't common doesn't mean that it should be feared." I said, the Uncanny Valley effect never worked on me.

"You're just saying that to be nice." Chara mumbled, still in her hands. Now, I'm pretty sure that she wasn't treated nicely before. "You do know that I am not a person who lies nor do I tell empty words. I truly find your eyes beautiful." I said, looking at her. She moved her hands and she looked at me, her blush was still there. "You aren't lying ?" She asked, with a trembling voice. I sighed. "Chara, I'm not lying. Why should I lie about that ?" I asked, rhetorically. Then, her eyes just closed and I saw a tear falling on her cheek. "Are you okay ?" I asked, being worried now.

"I-I'm okay, just... It's the first time that someone truly complimented them. I don't know how to react." She said, I looked at her once again, and I saw more tears falling. I carefully approached my hand towards her face and wiped her falling tears. "Even though your tears make your eyes shine brighter, I don't like to see tears on your face." I said, smiling at her. She nodded as she took my hand with both of her hands, which reminded me the moment 2 days ago. The coldness of her hands wasn't cooling off the burning feeling of love I had for her.  

"If that make you uncomfortable, I'll stop complimenting you." I said, then I thought about my sentence, maybe I shouldn't have said that. "That's not it Y/N. I suppose that's because I spent more time trapped in that genocide cycle than truly live normally. So living here, with you, Adam and Violet... It makes me happy. I guess I'm just not good at controlling my feelings." She explained. I could only nod.

It was the opposite for me, after all I lived several years with bottled up feelings, and I just opened that bottle when I figured that I loved her. It's certainly overwhelming, but I need to take on myself and be a better person, just to hope that one day, I'll be able to tell her my feelings. 

"I get what you're saying. The only way to deal with it, is to let it flow." I said, maybe it wasn't the best tip for that, maybe it was out of the picture and totally unrelated. But I couldn't say nothing to that girl.

I want this girl to be happy after all.

"I'll do it, after all, nobody's perfect." She said, smiling as she wiped more of her tears. "Yeah, but you can work to be closer to the perfection." I said, smiling back at her. She nodded and she lunged herself at me, resulting in another hug, which this time, I could understand why she did it.

"Thank you, you truly are the best." She said, her voice muffled by my shoulder. If only you knew, you wouldn't say that... "I try my best at it." I said, laughing a bit. "You helped me with so much, and here I am, not helping at all." She said, I could sense some disdain for herself in her voice. "That's far from being the truth, Red. You helped me with so much thing, you just aren't aware because you think too lowly of you." I said, putting my hand on her head and patting her softly. "You helped me to be a better person, you're helping me finding Paul, Chara." I said, I could hear some sobbing. But she was here, in my arms. I couldn't think of any way to reassure her better than that.

*

5 minutes passed and Chara wasn't sobbing anymore, but she moved her hands on my back. 

"Are you better ?" I asked her. She slowly broke the hug, and when I looked at her, I could see her red eyes shimmering brilliantly because of the tears. But it was outperformed by her smile. Her smile was radiating happiness, comfort. It was a genuine, real smile. "Thanks to you yeah. And I'm sorry for this little episode, guess I wasn't in the best mood." She said, I smiled as she said that. "Everyone can have those little episodes. Even you." I said. She looked at me in the eyes and nodded. "Even you can have them ?" She asked, still looking me in the eyes. "Yeah, even me." I said, after all, I'm in the middle of one. "Then, if it's coming for you, I'll do my best to do the same you did to me today." She said, still beaming that beautiful smile. "I'll make sure to let you know then." I said, getting up and taking my milk. 

I did retake a sip of my milk, and the taste was better than before. I smiled as I could drink and finish my mug of milk. "I might finish it after all." I said to myself, but I could hear Chara chuckle as I said that. 

"No waste, understood ?" Chara said, I could only laugh at her words. "Yessir." I said, finishing my milk and putting the mug in the dishwasher.

After I did that, I looked at Chara who sipped on her chocolate milk on the couch, looking at the TV which she just turned on.

I'll make sure to make her happy.

I'll make sure to protect her.

I'll make sure to deserve her.

I'll make sure to love her.

A/N : I would like to do some AmA things, so shoot your questions away and I'll respond to them at the end of the next chapter !