Electric Day Off

Comincia dall'inizio

"Wattrel Watt," And that's that.

Exiting her room, and putting on her shoes, Iono got ready for another horrible day at school, pulling her Pokemon back into their Pokeballs whilst leaving Misdreavus out, content to let her partner hang around in her shadow.

Her walk to school was short, but it felt aggravatingly long.

Once more, Iono was getting ready for another day of the other kids making fun of her hair, saying mean words behind her back, and even joking about how she doesn't have any friends.

Jokes on them! Iono doesn't need friends! She has her wonderfully cute and amazing Pokemon.

And just as she feared, another horrible day at school came and went. Same as all the other days.

Sitting on a bench in a quiet corner of one of the city parks, Iono took out her phone and started browsing through her apps.

"Daily reward collected already," She said as she passed over a number of games, "No new messages, I know," She said in disappointment as she checked her empty social media apps.

"Oh, What's this?" She whispered to herself when she found something going on in a new app she downloaded a few days earlier because it seemed interesting at the time. an app that lets someone film themselves and upload it live on the internet while they were still filming.

"'Fanny and Dishon, Alfronda walk'? What?" Iono clicked the video in the app, getting into a better position to watch what's going on. Soon joined by Misdreavus and her Wattrel as she waiting for the stream to buffer.

"Maybe I should get a better pho- Ooh It's starting," And so the stream did.

On the screen of her phone, She saw the beautiful view from the cliffs outside of Alfronda city, the western sea being a deep blue, contrasting greatly with the tropical blue of Levincia's seawater.

"-because if you fall I won't be able to catch you," She heard the person filming talking to his Pokemon, their appearance still hidden form the camera as the beautiful vistas of the afternoon setting sun painting a pleasant yellow sky on the horizon over Alfronda.

"Salandit sal!" She heard the cameraman's Pokemon cry out, causing him to sigh, the camera shaking as his body moved before the camera itself turned to film the Pokemon.

The most unique Salandit Iono has ever seen, with beautiful white scales contrasting with her black head, the searing orange line on her back standing out on the white background of the Pokemon's skin.

"I didn't know Salandit could be white," Iono whispered to herself, looking at the screen as the cameraman extended his arm towards the mon, who quickly grabbed onto him and climbed up it before going down his torso and tying herself around his waist.

"Come on Fanny, It's getting late," He said, pointing the Camera to the Pokemon resting on his waist, like a fanny pa-So that's where the name comes from!

"Sal," She hissed and with a tap from the Cameraman on the screen, the camera switched, now filming his face as he talked to the screen, his small audience of less than 10 people seeing his face for likely the first time.

"This was a fun thing to check out, may try and do another whenever I have the time, but I have work tomorrow so This is where I'll end the stream, Thank you all for watching, ho-" He was started to end the stream.

"Wait!" Iono yelled, quickly pulling her phone closer to herself as she started writing a message to send to the young man.

"-Oh, a chat message, I didn't expect to get any. Let's read it out before we end shall we?" he asked the audience, not waiting for an answer before he started reading the message.

"'Do people bully your Salandit for being different? And if so, how do I deal with them?'-" Iono winced when she noticed the typo at the end there but quickly returned to the screen when the streamer stopped to think.

He looked around himself before walking to a nearby bench and sat down, his Salandit now looking at the camera from over his shoulder.

"Do people bully Fanny? No, Not that I know of, She's a beautiful girl, if a bit toxic at times-" "Sal," "-but I never saw anyone bully her. To be frank, I only had Fanny for two weeks, so I wouldn't know if it happened to her in the wild-" "Sal!" Fanny shook her head, "-Well there you have it." He concluded his statement before his eyes shifted from the look of a goofy teenager to the eyes of a serious young adult, "But if anybody is bullying you or someone you care about, be they a Pokemon, a Family member, a Friend, or even yourself, you should go to an adult and ask for help." He told the screen, in all seriousness.

Iono looked on as he continued talking, but none of his words were registered in her. She quickly typed another chat message and leaned in closer to the screen, oblivious to the fact that the rest of her Pokemon left their balls and were huddled around her.

"'Thank you, Please stream again soon'" He read out loud, looking contemplative before the serious look in his eyes relaxed, replacing itself with the gentle eyes of an older sibling.

"Sure thing Electroghost03, I'll try and do another stream this weekend, just because you asked." And with a gentle smile on his face, one hand holding the phone filming the live stream while the other scratching the head of his Salandit, the stream froze.

[This Stream Has Ended]

"Misdreavus?" Iono's starter asked her, hugging her trainer.

"Huh? When did you-?" Iono tried asking as she noticed that all her Pokemon were now outside of their pokeballs, hugging her.

"You guys?" She asked, feeling a warm feeling grow inside her stomach as she felt the hugs from all of her best friends.

Her eyes drifted back to the screen, where Dishon's gentle smile could still be seen behind the words indicating the stream ended.

"Hey guys," She started, gaining the ear of her Pokemon,
"Do you think this app could work on Video games?"

...

This was a cute thing, little Iono was introduced, still going to school, not close to being a gym leader, and only just discovered the therapeutic art of Livestreams.

Although there is a major difference between streaming a hike in the mountains and streaming a game of Pokemon Unknown Battle Grounds

Next Chapter we will get introduced to a character that should have appeared long ago.

The Flying Taxi driver!

Just kidding, It's Tulip.

PS. He has a gym issued phone, it can' t do much other than call, google, or take photos/film. So stop asking questions.