Chapter 6: The Silencer

Trigger Warning/s: threats, grief, drowning, abuse, torture

Pre-chapter notes: Salonpas is a Japanese company that is well-known for selling pain-relief adhesive patches. Uniqlo is a Japanese retail company. Both will be referenced in this chapter.

Also, although I assume most of you know about Japanese honorifics, in case you don't, here is a brief explanation of the terms.

When saying someone's name in Japanese, a suffix is often attached at the end to indicate your familiarity with them:

"-san" is used a lot in general and is usually used for someone you respect, someone of a higher status to you, or someone you are not close to. It is a polite way of addressing someone.

"-chan" is a closer term of endearment and is a 'cuter' way of addressing someone.

"-kun" is a suffix usually used with young men or boys that you are familiar with.

"-sama" is the most polite and formal honorific. It is often used to show respect to seniors, guests, customers, people that are extremely high ranked in any formal hierarchy (e.g. CEO), and divine gods.

"sensei" means teacher. It is different to "shishou" (master), which was discussed in the pre-chapter notes of Chapter 1.

"senpai" is someone who is either older than you or of a higher position to you in a school, workplace, or some other form of formal hierarchy.

"kouhai" is someone who is either younger than you or of a lower position to you in a school, workplace, or some other form of formal hierarchy.

Art: Avimator on DeviantArt. Their art seems to take on a cartoony style but they're also perfectly capable of producing realism and abstract pieces. Please show them your support.

.

.

.

Why?

Why him?

Why did it have to be him?

You feel your heart tearing apart for what feels like the thousandth time.

When you finally drag your heavy body, which feels like it weighs a thousand kilos, out of bed, it is around nine in the morning. Usually, you would relish being able to sleep in. But today, you're left with nothing but the caustic taste of grief on your tongue.

There is no-one to wake you up. No-one to scold you if you're late to your training. No-one to teach you your favourite subjects and no-one to tell you stories at night.

The feeling of isolation starts to crawl into your mind. You're alone, and you have to get used to it all over again. Did the universe devise this on purpose - for you to become attached to someone, only to have them ripped away from your grasp?

How cruel for your boss to do such a thing. What's the point of living if you have nothing?

But that's not true, because your master did leave you with an inheritance. At the very least, you now have the memory of your name.

Y/N. That was, no, is your name.

My name isn't Chiyo, you think. Your name echoes in a whirlpool of thoughts, as if your mind is desperately trying not to forget.

My name is Y/N. My name is Y/N. My name is Y/N.

By losing someone so important, you regained a part of you that you sacrificed, something that was supposed to be yours in the first place.