Chapter 13: Hot Mess

Start from the beginning

"This is because of you, y'know," Farlan frowns. "Both you and Eren drive Bel and me crazy. Watching you fawn over a guy who's so damn oblivious is fucking painful."

"Then close your eyes if it's such a nuisance."

"Impossible," the sandy blond man beside him shakes his head with a sigh. His pencil curves deep into the grooves of the rope he draws, detailing the individual pieces of twine that stick out in all kinds of places. Twisted, unkempt, and perhaps Farlan's frustration getting the best of him. He twiddles the pencil in his fingers and Levi for a moment feels another unwanted burst of criticism about to come from his friend. He's endured enough of this nonsense. Levi may be slow with conquering his love but if he speeds through this process it's more of a lost cause than it was in the beginning. Patience is key, and Levi has full faith he'll seal the deal before showtime. 

"It's impossible?" Levi raises an eyebrow at his friend. "All you have to do is turn away?"

"Now why would I do that?" Farlan releases a hearty laugh and rests his head atop his hands, elbows propped on the table. He has that cheeky grin Levi usually sees Isabel wear. A spitting image. "After all, you two are a great source of entertainment!"

Levi doesn't even begin to see the pleasure in watching himself try and fail to snatch Eren Jaeger for himself. But it's not the first time he has heard that his methods are interesting, at best. Hell, Levi doesn't even recall a successful attempt at asking Eren out. Every damn time he gets interrupted by some unnecessary force. Nevertheless, he can't have this little conversation deter him. He still remains in the ever-climbing spirits he felt the moment he woke up this morning. 

~~°•○●○•°~~

That fantastic mood Levi claimed himself to be in? Remember how he was manifesting such positive energy and brimming with hope for the day ahead? 

This lasted a total of one hour as by the next class he witnessed two things he didn't think he would see so soon. 

He thought there was still time to prepare. Surely the year hadn't progressed this quickly, and yet he is both amazed and sickened to his stomach at the sight of the annual production's cast gushing about their costumes.

Their costumes.

This is a telltale sign that everything is coming together way sooner than he imagined. Costume fittings may seem like a trivial matter but Levi knows enough from listening to Eren go on and on about the theatre and how the costumes are piratically the icing on the cake. Surely it couldn't mean the production rehearsals are coming to an end so soon. It should be at least a few months away!

He feels faint. Not only because of the production bullshit but once he sees the cast disperse and head to their respective classrooms, he spies one member of the group that is unlike the others. One who shouldn't be counted among their numbers. 

Ymir. 

She's somehow made herself a part of the theatre geeks and what's worse is that Levi can see clear as day how she managed to be counted within their group. Consider her a plus one. Levi is so behind on today's events and it brings a sudden wave of dizziness to spread throughout him, especially when he sees her lips lock with Historia's.

The bitch has done it. That was no forced skinship Levi just saw, that was pure consensual love that has been publicly displayed in the middle of the school.