The Making of the Red Crow

"Please...Save me..." the man reached his hand toward the blurry shadow.

The red haired young man reaches his hand to help him but the man's hand under the pile of rubble slowly falls down.

Hair as Red as blood, eyes as black as ink.

Everyone slowly looks at the man wearing a black cape. His every footstep leaves a blood stained footprint.

His clothes are drenched in black liquid.

"Haah." He looks up at the sky. There are so many twinkling stars. It seems so peaceful and beautiful.

"My Lord, you need to rest." The old man with a bandage on his head said as he raised his frail dirty hand up toward him.

Aren sighs and looks at him.

Everyone in the plaza is looking at him worriedly.

"I'm fine,Old man. Worry about yourself first."

"My Lord, we know your heart." He said as he looked down. There is a smile on his face despite the discomfort in his body.

Aren chuckles.

"What heart? Just survive." He went back to his tent.

Everyone is covered with dust and wounds. Some haven't eaten well this week. But seeing his fluttering cape makes them happy.

He is the Lord of Crustox.

The Red Crow.

A few months ago, Aren was just a happy soldier.

And everyone is living a happy simple life.

The Lord of the Crustox is a selfish man but he is a relative of a powerful Duke by marriage and thus nobody dares to complain against him.

Darnyll becomes greedy.

He takes a fancy to a woman in the port. Not knowing about her background, he kidnapped her.

But the woman is a wife of a powerful Duke in another kingdom.

He didn't personally deal with Darnyll but he uses his power to make trouble.

There is a shortage of food. The pirates in the sea and port become active. The bandits become 3ven more vicious. It was going on for a few weeks, then months. Darnyll raises the tax to cope for the damage but the simple citizens can't afford it. Many were forced out of their house. Many were killed by the soldiers when they tried to resist.

Darnyll runs.

It was the last straw that snapped the citizens' minds.

In the middle of the day, the Lord disappears without a word. No money was left in the treasury.

Knowing the defense is low and there are no military might, the neighboring country SigLio attacked.

Aren is a normal soldier.

He was unhappy when they collected tax.

But he endured.

He wanted to become a respectable knight since he was young. But the war snapped him.

He survive with his skills but when he saw an acquainted woman being raped not by an enemy soldier but his own comrade he lost his mind and kill him. He becomes a madman that only wants to kill his enemy. A madman with still awareness who is an ally and not. His eyes stared at the red armor of the enemy. Kill them.

He never looks back. He only moves forward. Alone.

He fights day and night, he will wake up in a bed of dead people then staggers and find his next opponent.