Chapter - 9

Recap: Yamini tells about her thoughts on Vimal to Sid who later finds Vimal and Nivedha together.

**************************

Sid entered Yamini's room in the evening and saw her ready in a yellow kurti and leggings but her face was all that mattered to him which was void of all emotions. 

Sid: Yami, there is no problem like you were scared of. Everything is alright. 

Yami: Did you speak to him ? Is he is really happy with this marriage ?

Sid: You trust me right ?

Yam: What question do you even ask me Sid. I trust you more than I do myself. I know you will not let anything bad happen to me.

Sid: Good then keep smiling and there is no problem in this marriage. I promise your marriage will happen and you will be happy in your life. I want to see you smiling in all the photos. Now come on give me that witch smile.

Yami smacked him and he pulled her out of the room to the hall downstairs where everyone was waiting for her. Vijaya made Yamini sit on the diwan sofa and plates of haldi was placed before her. Madhu took the flower gajra and tied to her wrist. Vijaya was first to apply haldi on her cheeks, legs and arms followed by all the ladies. Sid was happy to see her finally smiling after three days. Vimal was not allowed as the groom was forbidden to see the bride during the ritual.

Finally Vijaya called Sid and he took the haldi and applied on her cheeks and in turn Yami took the haldi from his hand and applied on his face. Vijaya informed Yamini to get bathed and change into the costume she had left in her room. 

Everyone was seated having sweets and tea as they waited for Yamini. After an hour Yamini came down the stairs holding her skirt. Sid who was scrolling through the mobile froze looking at her dressed in a green half saree styled with big jhumkas, bangles, anklets and her hair adorned with jasmine flowers and the highlight was her face that had the glow from the haldi. For the first time he was lost of words looking at her. His trance was broken when Madhu called him to bring the plates of bangles that was placed inside the pooja room.

All the ladies sat with Yamini in the centre and Vijaya and Madhu on either side. The ladies were busy looking athe colorful bangles and were wearing it watching with their dress. Yamini was wearing a few and she showed her hands which had colorful bangles to Sid and he showed a super sign to her and clicked her photo in his mobile.

Except Yamini rest of them went to Sid's home to do the haldi ritual for Vimal. Sid entered his room and saw him busy on a call and it didn't fail that Sid heard Nivedha's name as soon as he entered but he pushed aside and called him down for the ritual. Vimal nodded his head and reached the hall where everything was kept ready.

One by one applied haldi on him and Sid watched Vimal's face which had no reaction to all the teasings around him. When it was his turn Sid took the haldi and applied on him slowly.

Sid: Seems like you are lost in some deep thoughts. What are you thinking or may be you are thinking about the girl who has taken your heart.

Vimal looked at Sid whose words were dipped sarcasm and waited for him to speak further without replying but Sid smiled at him.

Sid: I meant are you thinking about Yami ? You are getting married to her in two days. Do you remember ? Did you buy any gift for her ?

Vim: I will buy for her tomorrow...

Sid: I thought you would have done shopping today and bought some gift already.

Vim: I was busy in some office work so couldn't do.