Comfortember: Cold

"Did you mess with the thermostat or something?" you question, curling further into Bucky's your sweater as you walk out of your bedroom. "It's freezing in here."

"Hmm..." Bucky audibly thinks, theatrically tapping his chin in hopes it'll sell his bold-faced lie. "Nope. Not that I can think of."

"Okay, let me just-" you start, taking a step towards the thermostat.

"But," Bucky quickly interjects, halting your steps, "Tony did say something about maintenance today."

"Maintenance on the thermostats?" you repeat, a doubtful, furrowed expression on your face.

"I mean, it is what it is," Bucky shrugs, lifting the big, fuzzy blanket off of his lap in a gesture for you to join him. "But I am more than willing to just sit on the couch and cuddle under a blanket. For the sake of being warm, of course."

You furrow your eyebrows again, a smirk tugging at the corner of your mouth. "Of course."

You join Bucky on the couch, swinging your legs over his lap. He wears a proud grin, fairly confident his masterminding schemes have gone undetected as he throws the blanket over the both of you.

He sighs in contentment as his arms snake around you. "This is nice."

You allow him one singular moment to believe that you bought his silly little lie before you turn to him, placing your arms around his shoulder to give him a knowing look. "You messed with the thermostat, didn't you?"

"What?" he guiltily guffaws. "Me? Mess with the thermostat? I would never." You turn to look at him with a disbelieving look, stopping his attempts to sell his story. "Okay, my hand might've slipped and accidentally turned off the thermostat."

"Accidentally?" you tease with an eyebrow raised.

"Accidentally. On purpose. Semantics, really."

You chuckle, rolling your eyes as you settle your head against his chest again. "You're so lucky I love you and your dorky little schemes."

He sleepily hums, his eyes shutting as you both nuzzle closer together, "Yeah, I am."