19

She hears Austin got himself a new girlfriend and she has to watch herself as jealousy creeps up her spine

She hears Austin got himself a new girlfriend and she has to watch herself as jealousy creeps up her spine. She has no right to get upset. She is standing in Marshal's shower after a weekend of sex for goodness sake. She has no leg to stand on here - she has chosen this. Austin has been very clear with her, she holds all the cards when it comes to him. One simple phone call and there would be no girlfriend, there would be no distance between them. He is all hers even when he is not. This is exactly why she should never have blurred those lines, this is exactly why she should have cut Austin loose years ago - she should never have taken him on. She knows why he does it, why he gets girlfriends. It's to protect himself. To prevent himself from focusing just on Trixie and he is right to do so. But her heart hurts at the thought of him cuddling in bed with someone else no matter how hard she tries to feel nothing - she feels everything.

"Cleo, stay in that shower any longer and I am going to take it as an indication that you have moved in. We will have a summer wedding," Marshal shouts from the bedroom. Cleo shuts off the water and climbs out, drying and dressing then walking out to Marshal who is still in the bed. "What's up with you? You seem more distant than usual," Marshal says climbing out the bed and looking at her concerned. He is sweet and her longest client. He was her first client and has never treated her poorly - always kind and respectful.

"It's time, Marshal."

Marshal looks at her and she sees him swallow thickly as he takes a few steps back and sits down on the bed. "I knew it was coming...you've changed over the last few years."

"I am sorry."

"Don't be. I have been living on borrowed time with you. Tell me - is it a guy or just time for a life change."

Cleo looks at him and smiles softly. "It's just time to move on...but you were always my favorite," she says as Marshal stands and pulls her into a gentle hug. "Still a liar, Cleo," he says softly. Cleo hugs him tighter then steps out of his arms and picks up her bags. She will miss him, but she is not the same person - even he acknowledges it. She does not know who she is anymore - but Cleo just does not feel like she has a place anymore. Maybe she is throwing a tantrum about Austin having a girlfriend or maybe it's something bigger, but whatever it is - it's time to let go of Cleo.

She stops at her accountant, her buildings, and the salon then makes a stop at the one place she always wishes she could bypass, but she never can - it's good news, so good that she finds herself skipping back to her car. Does she stand a chance? Excited, she catches the first flight she can to Utah. She needs to speak to her grandfather - he will be so excited. She is tempted to phone Austin, but Utah is his home turf and he has a girlfriend. It would not be right. Besides, she is due to see him next week - he still keeps his monthly visits. So she phones Harry. Their relationship has changed over the last year, they have more of a confidante relationship than a sexual one and his last four visits have been platonic. He has moved back to England full-time and is pretty positive about how his business is going and that gives her butterflies - she hopes things work out for him.