"it's nice to meet you both." lydia said, mainly towards sophia and carol. "and who's this?" carol smiled at eden.

lydia chuckled, lifting eden up to show them. "this is eden. she's my little girl," she smiled proudly as carol beamed.

"isn't she adorable!" she said as sophia nodded with a wide smile.

"hey, i'm lori." the brunette woman spoke, holding onto carl's hand. "rick said you helped him find us." she explained as lydia sent her a smile, nodding.

"well, rick helped me too, so. i suppose we're even."

"is that your daughter?" lori asked as lydia nodded, "can i hold her?" carl asked with a grin as lydia chuckled and lori hushed him, telling him to have better manners. "maybe later. i'm sure they're both tired, carl."

she spent her time introducing herself, shaking hands until she got to shane. "so you were with rick the whole time, huh?" he asked, a raised brow. she nodded slowly.

"uh-huh. since he woke up. found him in the hospital," she explained.

"huh...well, it's nice to meet you." shane nodded, looking down at eden before walking over to lori.

LATER THAT evening, everyone was sat around a fire, eating their dinner and asking lydia and rick a lot of questions. "how did you feel when you woke up?" shane asked.

"disoriented. i guess that comes closest. fear, confusion, all those things but disorientated comes closest" he answered as they nodded with sympathetic looks. "how did y'all meet?" dale asked him and lydia.

rick motioned for lydia to answer as she nodded. "uh, a month into this whole thing, was running low on supplies for eden and decided giving the hospital a shot. found him all scared and confused," she joked as rick laughed. "that's pretty much it."

"that's a point. where were you when this whole thing started?" t-dog asked as she shrugged. "at my parents house. came in, the house was silent, went upstairs and there they were. one of those...things." she told them with a frown.

"that must've been horrible." amy spoke with wide eyes. "you were all alone for a whole month." she whispered as lydia shrugged with a small smile. "eden kept me company. cried every five minutes and almost got me killed, but, it was worth it." she admitted as they chuckled.

"mommy said you died." carl looked up at rick who sighed. "she had every reason to believe that. don't you ever doubt it." rick reassured. lori looked over at shane with a guilty look.

"when things started to get really bad, they told me at the hospital that they were gonna medevac you and the other patients to atlanta. and it never happened." lori told him and the others. rick nodded, "well, i'm not surprised after atlanta fell. and from the look of that hospital, it got overrun."

lydia nodded in agreement as she looked around, spotting the tent that dale had put up for her and eden. "looks don't deceive. i barely got them out." shane spoke up with a guilty expression on his face. there was something off about him.

"i can't tell you how grateful i am to you, shane. and to you, lydia. i can't begin to express it. without y'all i'd...not be here still." he said as lori looked down and shared a look with shane whilst lydia smiled.