Hybrid 2.

In a world full of hybrids that live in fear and are not accepted by humanity, you will meet seven of them.

Part 2

The terms human-animal hybrid and animal-human hybrid refer to a being that has elements of both humans and animals.

These hybrids have long existed in all social cultures (especially in mythology), and are also considered theoretically possible through scientific experimentation.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Y/N's view

When I got home, I left the umbrella in the floor.

I hurried to look for some important things. In the living room, I grabbed two fluffy and thick blankets. In the closet I got out a big umbrella and in the kitchen I grabbed seven more water bottles, as well as some food.

I put the water bottles and food in a bag to make it easier to carry. The blanket I put around my shoulder and the umbrella I held in my hand. That should do it.

Once I had everything with me, I walked into the floor and slowly knelt down to pick up my umbrella. For a moment I shouldered the blankets and then opened the front door. Hopefully they were still there and hadn't disappeared now.

I held the umbrella over me so the blankets wouldn't get wet. I closed the front door quickly so it wouldn't rain in before I made my way to the garbage cans.

"Hello?", I mumbled slowly as I arrived at the garbage cans, "Are you still there?"

First, I took the ends of the blankets and held them up before kneeling down. After all, I didn't want the blankets to get wet through the floor. My head tilted as I looked through the garbage cans and squinted my eyes slightly.

But I sighed in relief when I realized the cats were still there. Thankfully, they hadn't disappeared.

They had turned their heads towards me, as they had surely noticed me before.
One of the cats meowed as he looked to me, while another cat snuggled up to another cat.

"Thanks for staying", I whispered shortly, placing the closed umbrella on the ground.

"I got some blankets for you here. They'll hopefully keep you warm", I then continued to speak, taking the blankets off my shoulder.

It was a little difficult because I had to hold the umbrella with my other hand. But I managed to hold the blankets in their direction.

Slowly I put them on the ground in front of them and pushed them a little in their direction. They were looking at the blankets and I noticed a cat that wanted to walk towards it.

But the cat behind her put her front paw on his back and stopped the slightly smaller cat from doing so. Sadly I smiled at her. Maybe they would use the blankets when I was gone.

My head turned to the umbrella, which I picked up. Now all I had to do was put my umbrella away. So I got wet, but I didn't mind.

I put the umbrella on the blankets so that they were not affected by the rain. Immediately I felt the rain hitting me. My hair, my clothes and my face were immediately hit by the countless raindrops.

Meanwhile, I took the closed umbrella and opened it. This one was fortunately bigger than mine and could protect the cats all well.

I clipped it in so that it couldn't be closed. Then I put it on the blankets as well, so that the umbrella pointed in their direction and protected them from the rain. Two cats meowed for a moment and looked to me.

"Oh and here", I then remembered the bag I had placed around my wrist, "There are seven more water bottles and some food inside here"

Taking the bag off my wrist, I placed it next to the blankets and then leaned back a little.

The rain was pelting down harder and harder and I could feel my clothes starting to stick to my skin "I know I can't force you to come with me, but I want you to know that you can always come in if you can't stand it out here anymore. And you should be careful because of my neighbor. He can't do anything to you, but he always means his threats"

As I spoke, I looked sympathetically at them before standing up. Hopefully they would be okay.

Hands wrapped around my stomach as I turned and walked back to the front door.

¤

Snuggled in, I had been lying on the sofa for half an hour, looking at the television.

After changing my clothes, I decided to stay awake in case they changed their minds and wanted to sleep in my house after all.

A few times I looked out the window where the rain could still be heard and it was getting worse. My thoughts were with the cats.

Suddenly, a flash of lightning twitched before it began to thunder hard. The noise was very loud and I could hardly imagine how bad the cats had it behind my garbage cans. I was startled when suddenly my doorbell rang.

Omg. Who was that? Was it the cats? Or was it a stranger?

Using the remote, I closed the television. I quickly pulled the blanket off me before making my way to the front door. Once there, I leaned my body forward and looked through the spyhole of the door.

Strange. I didn't see anyone at the door. How could that be? Since my curiosity was too much, I leaned back and slowly opened the front door. Lowering my head, I saw seven black cats sitting outside my door.

One of the cats was meowing while another was licking the fur of another cat. Another, slightly larger cat stroked its head over the fur of another, which meowed for a long time. And two of them wagged their tails over the ground. All of them were very thin.

Surprised, I looked down. I hadn't expected them to actually come.

One of them must have changed into human form to ring the bell. What was I thinking about right now? I shook my thoughts away and opened the door a little more.

Moving to the side, I gestured with my hand that they could come in. Hesitantly, they did so. Six of them walked inside when I noticed that two of them were limping.

One of the cats was grabbed by the back by another cat and carried. She meowed before I closed the door. Confused, I stared at the cats walking into my living room.

Now I actually had seven strange cats, or humans after all, in my living room. Oh dear.

Once in the living room, I noticed all seven cats on the carpet. When they noticed me, they turned their heads to me and watched every move I made.

"You can sit on the sofa", I explained to them, pointing with my hand before continuing, "I'll just get you some towels so you can dry off"

And with that, I went out of the living room and into the bathroom. Quickly I walked to a small cupboard and opened it. There I first took out seven towels.

Would they even dry themselves? Wouldn't they have to change for that? Ah. Maybe they would do it when I was no longer in the room.

Once I had all the towels in hand, I closed the closet and went back into the living room.

"So I have-", I started to speak, but stopped myself when I saw the scene in front of me.

The cats had made themselves comfortable on my sofa and seemed to be sleeping snuggled in.

From here I could see their bodies rising and falling in a regular way. They had probably barely slept and then couldn't take it anymore.

Quietly, I placed the towels on the floor before turning off the light and sneaking out of the room.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤