1~ Fate Aligned

Run, little girl. Never look back.

Oh, how the night chanting their mockeries enticed the world to follow and laughed at her. The birds chirping resembled insults and swore of mockeries of her, singing many songs of her misfortune that's soon about to come.

Keep running.

Her breath gave out, little legs running deeper into the woods. The bushes rattled in her ears, even the most innocent and sweetest were deemed threatening deep within her consciousness一such as the presence of a rabbit hopping from the bushes.

Yet, as she ran and ran with what seemed to be an endless path一her feet betrayed her and fell down. The warm red liquid swarmed her little body.

She shut her eyes, hoping this would end soon, for the moon to stop mocking her, the world to stop laughing, and the birds to stop singing of her misfortunes.

Gasp!

... (Name)'s eyes quickly fluttered opened, revealing the terrified e/c irises, as her irises frantically gazed left and right.

Her hands wandered to where the heart beat, how rapid and tightening it felt as she tried her best to breathe in, almost forgetting how to breathe.

"Lady (Name), the carriage's outside waiting for your arrival. Are you awake, Milady?"

The voice of her servant called out, the servant's voice echoed in her ears yet her mind was elsewhere. She could only manage to let out a small, "...Yes." as she tried her best to regain back her composure, even with memories overflowing from the dreams she had just envisioned.

The servant spoke again, with a stern and serious tone, "Allow me to remind you, Milady. You need to arrive back to your estate before sundown, as there will be a lot of ceremonies and preparations needed to be done to give your title."

"No need, I can take care of myself. Inform my aunt that as soon as I return, l'll be taking the lead of my clan and she's free of duty."

'I suppose it's my time to return back my family's name from her,' her thought echoed along as she spoke those words一eloquent and unnerving. Instead of gaining a reply, she gained footsteps fading from her hearing senses as she was once again left within her own room.

***

As arriving before the estate which didn't even stand out with wealth, but enough to show its standing, the current "head" of the family came to greet her at the entrance. (Name) didn't squint nor attempt to look closer to the proclaimed "head" of her family.

"Aunt Shu, it's been a while, please accept my humblest greetings. I'm truly pleased to see my estate's been flourishing well."

Her aunt, Shu, bowed down in courtesy, and let out a soft giggle, as if she was the saint that's come to save the day, and to get rid of the villain of the chapter. "You are much too kind for your words, (Name). I'm only doing my part to make sure this estate will grow better so when this day comes, you'll be able to possess this estate with ease."

"Of course, Aunt. Thank you for taking care of my estate while I'm gone."

Shu, didn't bother to reply and looked over to the carriage. "You must be exhausted, my dear. Come, let me escort you to your room, this estate remains the same as the way it was when you left to gain more knowledge in another academy."

She shook her head, sighing deliberately, "Aunt Shu, my only worry as of right now is to reclaim back what's rightfully mine, and that shall be done before the sunrise."