Jungkook watched the name dawn on her as she slowly joined the puzzle pieces, "Lys?"

"Exactly the reason I don't want to involve you in this too much."

"Oh, don't be a wuss, Jungkook." Heiran sat up straighter, her eyes alight, her brain cogs turning, "Don't you get how important this is? If we catch them—"

"It's not more important to me than your life." He dismissed her, unwilling to hear her explanations. Reckless as she was, the only thing she cared about was solving the puzzle. She had no regard for her safety and it frustrated him.

"Don't start this again, Jungkook. You chose to let me in. Now stick to your choice." A decision he might be beginning to regret. He could see a vein pulse on her temple, he could feel her irritation roll off of her.

He heavily exhaled, "I only want you to know what I am doing, I don't want you to get involved in any manner. I can't have you on their radar. They're ruthless," he picked up the plates from the table, walking up to the sink so that she couldn't retort anymore. Heiran followed him inside the kitchen as he placed the plates into the sink. "Well, it's too late for that."

Jungkook tensed, "What do you mean?"

Heiran ignored his question, holding a hand out in front of her in a gesture for him to stop talking as her eyes crinkled in thought. And suddenly, her entire face lit up as she yelled out loud. "The video!"

"What?" He asked, thoroughly confused.

"I have a video of the doctor's clinic!" She exclaimed, rummaging through her pockets. As soon as she fished out her phone, she scrolled through her gallery and heaved a sigh as she found the footage. Curious and beyond perplexed, he walked closer, "You have a video of that clinic? Is there anything—"

Heiran abruptly placed a hand on his chest before he could get any closer and shook her head, "Stop. You're going to rest. You will stop thinking about this and take a break. You need it."

The look in her eyes was firm, leaving no space for a discussion.

"The video—"

"I'll take care of the video, Jungkook." He gave her a hard look. She slowly relented, "Okay, I'll show you the video. But only after you take enough rest. This is not the time to be thinking about the video. You were in an accident. You need to heal."

Jungkook reluctantly nodded his head. There was no other way around it.

"Fine. I'll take rest," and his lips curved into a lopsided grin. "Only if you agree to stay the night."

Heiran pursed her lips, "You're not thinking anything weird, are you?"

He gave her an innocent look, "Anything weird?"

She shook her head, "Nevermind. You try something, I'll punch you in your face."

"So that's a yes?" He skipped along, easily ignoring her threat and leading the way into his bedroom.

"Only because I'm too tired to drive."

* * *

The moment Heiran got onto the bed, he wrapped an arm around her torso and pulled her close to him, ignoring her protests.

"Jungkook, I told you—"

"Punch me in the morning. I'm exhausted right now," he murmured into the back of her neck and felt her release a sigh.

"You're being really strange." She mumbled as her breathing slowed and her tense muscles relaxed. "You think I don't know what you're trying to do? I'm not forgiving you that easily."