"I appreciate the save," she said. "Unlike others, I had yet to shake him."

"How long have you had to deal with individuals like that?"

"Since my debut. No one was interested in approaching a champion outside meets and greets, since they only saw us as brutal fighters for their own entertainment. Once these people realized that I was approachable when the Grandmaster introduced me in a more private setting, I've become the latest side show. And I believe that now I've become a game of sorts. None have been able to convince me to indulge myself in after party affairs."

They stepped out onto the balcony, grateful to no longer have their ears assaulted by the music inside.

"The first night you came to visit me, were you present at the social gathering I came from?" Anya asked.

"Yes," Loki answered. "I began attending these events three days after my arrival. Once I found a way in. I saw your entrance, but I didn't realize it was your first party."

"Why didn't you approach me like the others?"

"I thought best to keep my distance for the time being."

"Gather intel on me?"

"In a sense. And once the others realized that you meant no harm to them, you became rather popular. It wasn't the time to approach you. It is in our best interest that no one is alerted to the fact that we've known one another before arriving on Sakaar."

"Because even though our relationship is... odd, in a sense, it can still be used as leverage against one another if placed in a situation that the Grandmaster can use to his advantage."

"Exactly. I'm glad that you noticed. If I had to explain that to Thor, he would never understand it."

Anya snickered. "Speaking of your brother, have you heard anything?"

"Nothing. I don't believe he is here."

"Yet."

"Sure, let's go with that. But his arrival isn't certain."

The young woman scanned the room beyond the doorway. She was ready to call it an evening, but that Amphibian was lurking by the exit. Anya sighed. He wasn't completely inebriated. Which meant it would be rather annoying to trick him after such a long day. She'd rather take an easy route if it presented itself.

"Do you mind escorting me back to my room?" the young woman asked.

"Very well, it's on my way," Loki answered.

She took his arm to continue the ruse as they left. Both were aware that they were being followed. Most likely to figure out where Anya was residing. To chat or ambush her, the agent didn't want to find out. They took three turns to gain the perfect blind spot before the Aether leaked out. It concealed them perfectly so when the Amphibian came around the corner, he searched wildly up and down the hall to figure out where they had gone.

"You're handy work?" Loki wondered.

"Of course," Anya answered. "I don't want strangers to know where I live."

"Then why not use it back there so I didn't get dragged into this?"

"Because given the layout and situation I weighed my options and realized this was the only one where I didn't have to have any interaction with him. Physically or verbally. And I do not have the patience to deal with any of that tonight."