Chapter 12: The Departure

You were gathered with the rest of the girls around the dinner table. Jinx, Caitlyn, and Vi also joined in as well to celebrate your new employment and the repair of your ship. Naya was being fed meat and vegetables by Ahri who sat in the middle of you both. The rest were grilling meats and foods you'd never seen before. Also drinking what looked to be some kind of alcohol. You just sipped your broth soup and sat there watching everyone eating, talking, and having a good time. You can't quite remember the last time you were surrounded by a scene like this.

You: 'When I received my helmet... on Concordia...'

Akali: "Hey (YN), you're doing it again."

You caught yourself and remembered where you were. You saw Akali handing you a small glass of clear liquid.

You: "Thank you, what is this?"

Akali: "It's soju, do they not have this where you're from?"

You: "Is it alcohol?"

Akali: "Yeah it is."

You: "No, we got other stuff like this though."

Akali: "Well bottoms up, cheers!"

Ahri: "We should toast to something!"

Kai'sa: "A toast to what?"

Ahri: "(YN), and all that he's done for us."

Vi: "I can get behind that."

Caitlyn: "So can I."

Everyone but you and Naya: "To (YN)!"

Everyone drank their glass and waited for you to do so as well. You lifted your helmet and drank the glass. It burned a bit but went down smoother than most things you've drank.

Evelynn: "So how is it?"

You: "Not bad, definitely had worst."

Sarah: "Oh yeah like what?"

You: "Spotchka."

Jinx: "What's that?"

You: "A blue alcohol-like liquid brew from krill."

Jinx: "Sounds gross."

Everyone was still eating and drinking, some were drinking more than others. Notably Sarah, Evelynn, and Vi.

Vi: "(YN), I challenge you!"

You: "To what?"

Vi: "An arm wrestle."

You: "Sure, what's the wager?"

Vi: "I want a pick of your arsenal and... I get to see what's under the helmet."

You: "What do I get if I win?"

Vi: "You get to call in a favor in the future."

The room then went dead silent. All eyes were on you and Vi. You looked her in the eyes and she did the same to you.

You: "Deal."

You two went over to the island counter and everyone gathered to watch. You both locked hands and stared each other down.

Sarah: "My money is on (YN)!"

Jinx: "Mine is on my sister!"

Kai'sa: "Okay if you're ready. 3... 2... 1... Go!"

You were putting up a good fight and so was Vi. She was getting the upper hand until you stopped going easy on her. You slammed her fist down, declaring yourself the victor. Everyone was shocked, no was has ever seen Vi being beaten at arm wrestling.