Alone Chapter 8 - 1

Friday February 27th 2015

He felt her along his skin, sensitive flesh of his inner thigh tightening, a wrathful power in the air. He finished putting his books into his bag with a grin. Students clogged the doorway in a mad rush for lunch. It was always like this, every kid out for his own skin, like a mass of rats rushing toward a decomposing corpse. The rats would scurry away if the Furies made for the door, they knew who the cats were.

Anticipation gripped his heart as the storm front drew close. Jerking back, kids scattered away from the door, guppies sighting a shark. They cleared the doorway in time for Lady Kali to walk in, eyes sweeping hungrily over the group before latching onto Cesare.

She wore designer jeans distressed to within an inch of their lives, hugging legs and hips like a second skin. A purple shirt molded to her small body, bold black letters marching across small breasts, 'Fan Service is for people like me'.

Striding across the room in what some might call almost a run, she slipped into his open arms with a click of completeness. Ducking his head into her hair, Cesare breathed her scent in. For a timeless second they stood, alone and untouchable.

"Well, we know who your favorite is?" Anastasia said with a small laugh.

Kali arched an eyebrow at her daughter. "I'd remind you that I see you every weekend over Skype. Which you spend a good portion of bragging about your training." Blushing, Anastasia shrugged at her mother's point, never losing her smile or the delight that sparkled in her eyes. "While I make do with a letters."

The last of the kids ducked out of the classroom while they were talking. Catching Elizabeth's eye, Cesare nodded at the door. "You want to join us?"

Looking around the empty room, something shifted in her eyes. "Yes, I think I'd like that." Surprise lit Alexandra and Anastasia's faces. They were used to her being on the outside, only ever with them for tactical reasons.

Waiting just outside the door, the harem surrounded the party with practiced efficiency. Taking up their spots, tension radiated from the killers. Hate creased lines in faces, turning each movement into a declaration of war, eyes cutting to the source of their problems.

Elizabeth had slammed them into their place when they'd tangled. They'd been about as challenging as a baby mouse facing a feral cat. She'd shamed them in front of their goddess, showing Lady Kali that they could never protect her.

Alexandra was lethal. With a temper to equal Lady Kali's and the skills of a killer, no one wanted her near those they loved. Psychotically unpredictable, she honed the fear that flashed in the harem's eyes. If it were up to them neither women would have been allowed within a mile of their obsession.

One person had birthed the problems that rode their shoulders. Cesare was the reason Elizabeth had punked them, Cesare was the architect behind the threats to Lady Kali. He'd seen the savage glee when they'd surrounded him. He was the one to blame for every change that had taken place. From Lady Kali's infatuation, to her allowance of his casual use of her name. They were waiting for the day when Lady Kali went hunting a new cock, then they'd hunt the scrawny rabbit and feast on his stringy flesh.

It was designed by Lady Kali, for Lady Kali. The harem's hate put the edge to their devotion. She knew they'd flay the skin from Cesare's bones for the asking. That guarantee was worth more than gold, Cesare would never subvert the harem. They'd never follow Cesare, meaning he could never challenge her control, no matter how close he got to her.

Their hate was nothing to him, and Kali's encouragement even less. She needed control, he could understand that, knew the sacrifices it demanded on its blood soaked alter. He wasn't looking for friends, didn't have a fuck left to spend on them. The harem were weapons, only important if they were pointed at him.