Hime: Here (Spring Blossom)

<Picture above is by Jane. Say hi to Jane. I don't know them. Owo.>

After eating Cross leads me to the parlor where he pulls a colorful box from off the table.

"Here you are."

"What is it?"

"A present."

"What do I do with it?"

"Don't open it that's for sure." Cross says pulling off his jacket. He then sits on the bench and breathes deeply. "I will tell you when you can. Until then, be patient."

I sit down next to him taking off my jacket as well.

It has been a while since I felt the sun on my old bones.

Battered, bloodied, murderous bones. The parts of me that rarely see the sun off-colored compared to my face. How can I remake myself as a leader if I can't take responsibility. How can I see myself as a leader if I am a murderer?

Should I just flail for the sake of falling?

The bench has gotten warm since the time I sat on it.

"How long has it been since we were able to sit like this?" Cross mutters shielding his eye-lights from the bright afternoon sun.

Without us knowing it has become summer. And what follows is autumn. But without being said things grow cold. How could one separate and feel content with letting go.

"It's hotter than I imagined." I inhale the scent of hyacinth rich pinks bloom from yards producing rich scents.

They haven't gotten the memo yet. They bloomed too late and will now dry up early; never even getting a chance to truly live. Such a pathetic existence. Perhaps it was better if they never grew.

"You're thinking about something?" Cross asks startling me from my thoughts.

"Hmm?"

"You're doing the face where you are staring at something hard with a disgusted look." He answers. "What's up?" He turns to look at me and places a hand out in front of me.

I place my hand into his and it clasps around my hand suddenly.

With the sudden movement I jump, scaring myself for a second time after completing the action.

"That's a lot of buzzing today." He plays with my fingers and nuzzles them.

"It could be worse." I mutter.

"You've never been out of the anti-void for this long." He says.

From where he is standing he gives off an air of concern, but the emotion doesn't reach his face. Instead something else unreadable is there.

"It is the longest I have been out. How about you? Are you feeling alright?"

Cross stops to look at himself.

"Nope. Everything is perfectly fine. Not a bone out of place."

Escara and Easuru finally made it outside.

"We are ready for the first siege. Commander Eau Ruem asks for your attendence before they set off."

"Yes, I will go." I nod, standing up to follow them.

_____

The next day Cross enters my room urgency on his face.

"And what brings you here in a hurry, señor?" I smile propping my face up on my right instead of my left to face him.

I close the portal and swivel my head over.

"Just checking on you again. I saw you freak out yesterday after giving the royal order." He huffs.