Chapter 17: Pretending

It was a busy month for me but I managed to balance my career, my love life, and my motherhood. Ganoon talaga siguro kapag gusto mo ang ginagawa mo. You'll never feel tired of doing them.

Ngayong araw ay magsu-shoot kami ni Selena. The scene was about Lianna and Felice, fighting because Lianna thought that Felice was a gold digger since she was adopted.

Director Remoroza called us and told that we can now shoot. Wearing a white silk dress and beige sandals, while my brown wavy hair drape on my slender back, I walked towards my position.

"Do you dare to make a bet?" Selena's voice resounded to my ears. I boredly looked at her.

"Ano na naman ba ang pakulo mo?" I asked.

"Tingnan natin kung sino ang paniniwalaan nila." My eyes squinted when I looked away as I guessed what she's planning to do.

Hindi ko siya pinansin. Her face darkened.

"Hindi kita hahayaang umangat sa industriyang ito, Heredith." mariing bulong niya.

"Hindi mo hawak ang desisyon kung aangat ako o hindi," I said, unbothered with her threats. Nagngitngit ang mga ngipin niya sa inis pero hindi ko na siya pinansin.

"Scene 289: Duchess versus Countess; Take one... action!"

"Ikaw, ampon ka lang! How could you get a noble title just because the crowned prince took a fancy of you?!" Duchess Lianna was very angry and slapped Felice hard.

Felice just held her face but her calm expression remained unchanged. She looked at the shameless Duchess in front of her and laughed.

"Why don't you ask his majesty? It's useless to ask me because even I, don't know how on earth did I became a titled lady." Felice's eyes narrowed.

Narinig ko ang boses ko na sinasabing "tingin mo ba, gusto ko 'to? No, I'd rather be an orphan than be a noble woman. This title... isn't what I desire."

Because of hatred, Duchess Lianna pushed Felice. She fell on the ground so the Duchess took advantage of her weakness and pulled her hair.

"Aray- wait- ouch!" Daing ko. Nagpanggap akong tinotoo ni Selena ang sabunot sa akin. I'd like to see what her reaction will be if her own scheme is used against her.

"Cut!" Director Remoroza hissed in rage. "Selena, what the fuck? I told you to be careful. Sa lahat ng NGs sa shoot na 'to, ikaw lahat ang may dahilan!" He scolded Selena. He pinched the bridge of his pointy nose in frustration.

"What? No, I-I... I didn't do anything!" Pagtatanggol ni Selena sa sarili. Director Remoroza just eyed her nonchalantly.

"Again!"

The scene was repeated many times because I kept on pretending that Selena was hurting me intentionally. I got your scheme so I used it against you. No wonder you love doing it... scheming against your enemy is indeed fun.

"Selena, what the hell? Ano ba'ng problema mo?!" Denver hissed when the eleventh take was cut.

"Silence, you're deliberately framing me! Stop acting like I'm hurting you, bitch!" Selena lost her cool. I innocently looked at her.

"I'm not framing you," I said softly and bit my lower lip, acting pitiful. The crew started whispering something negative about Selena.

Dinuro niya ako, "Silence! You..." she couldn't say the next words because of anger. Nag-walk out siya bigla nang walang pakialam. Narinig ko ang mahinang tawa ni Denver sa tabi ko.

"Akala mo ba hindi ko nahalata?" bulong niya na kami lang ang makakarinig.

Inosente ko siyang tiningnan. "Sinasabi mo?"