Chapter 2: Starlight Entertainment

Kinabukasan, gumawa ako ng resume para mag-apply. Although my savings are enough for me and my son to live comfortably for few years, I'd still have to work to buy my son's wants and to save money for his future education.

Hindi man ako itinuring na anak ng tatay ko mula noong mamayapa ang nanay ko, I have to admit that he gave me clothes, foods, house to live, and made me study on a prestigious university. Gusto kong maranasan ng anak ko ang mga naranasan ko kahit hindi ko kilala ang tatay niya.

His father might have his own family now. I didn't want to trouble him because what happened between us was accident. Hindi na rin siguro kami magkikita.

Kaya ko namang ibigay ang mga pangangailangan ng anak ko. I don't need to rely to someone to give my son's wants and needs.

Soot ang set ng formal attire, I started applying to some small entertainment company.

At gaya ng inaasahan ko, no one accepts me. Kung ano-anong palusot ang sinabi nila but I know that they have been warned by Stardust Media.

Stardust Media was the biggest entertainment company in Fiorantine. And the biggest investor of it was the Valiente Corporation followed by Herrera Corporation.

Naturally, Selena would do anything to suppress me just I expected. I calmly ate on a fast food restaurant and stood in front of a big building.

I took a deep breath. I only have one last option. If it isn't work, I have no choice but to change my profession. But this was probably the only company that can't be bribe by Stardust.

As the saying goes, the enemy of an enemy is a friend. I believe Selena and Philip cannot do anything when I started working to this company.

I stared at the two words made with gold metal that stood up right in front of the building.

Starlight Entertainment.

I entered inside. The interior of the building is much more extravagant than its exterior. The moment you entered into the revolving door, bubungad na sa 'yo ang maayos at malawak na reception. Malinis at maayos din ang sahig.

'Yong tipong p'wede ka nang manalamin sa sobrang kintab ng tiles. Sa gitna ng building ay makikita mo ang chandelier na tila gawa sa dyamante at purong ginto. If you didn't know that it was an entertainment company, you might mistakenly think it was a five-star hotel.

I sighed inwardly. The owner of this company must be very rich.

I went to the reception and greeted those receptionists. "Hello, good afternoon!" I smiled politely.

"Good afternoon, ma'am!" One of them approached me and smiled back. "What can I do for you?"

"Are you looking for an actress to sign up in your management?" I didn't beat around the bush. She looked at me with surprise.

"You— aren't you the artist from Stardust? Why are you here?"

"I was. But I've already terminated my contract with them."

"Well..." she looked at the male receptionist beside her. "Are you willing to have an interview?"

I nodded. She guided me towards the elevator and pressed the button. We entered inside the moment it opened. She pressed the button with 21st on it and the elevator closed.

Nang marating namin ang floor, sinundan ko ang babae. Kumatok siya sa pinto.

"Come in," said a deep baritone voice. The receptionist opened the door.

"Mr. Magnus, there's an applicant who wants to sign in our company. Do you want to take an interview?"

"Oh?" He sounded as if I picked his interest. "Is it a she or a he?"

"A female applicant, Mr. Magnus."

"Let me guess..." He pondered for moment. "She's a former actress from Star-fucking-dust?" I looked at the door with surprised.

How did he...

"Let her in."

The receptionist turned to face me. She, then, made an inviting gesture. "Please enter, ma'am."

I smiled and thanked her. I slowly entered the office. It was all black except for its white curtain and air-conditioning machine. Aside from the office table with a pile of paper on the top of it, a swivel chair, a couch, a coffee table, and a carpet under it that were all dyed in black, the office looked empty and lonely.

I looked at the man who's sitting comfortably on the swivel chair. What caught my attention is that his red hair and ash-colored eyes that were very similar to my son's! What the hell? He had a pointy nose, red cherry-like lips, and chiseled jaws. He was wearing a black suit that complimented his fair skin.

Nakahinga ako nang maluwag nang makita ko ang mukha niya. At the very least, he's not the man that night. Otherwise, I didn't know how to face him.

"Good afternoon, mr. Magnus." Marahan kong bati. He looked shocked for a while before his eyes flashed with interest.

"The hidden treasure of Star-fucking-dust is here." Kumunot ang noo ko at pinagmasdan siya. Ano'ng sinasabi nito? He put his hands on the table, intertwined them, and leaned as he stared at me in the eyes. "Sure enough, you're the only female celebrity who didn't undergo plastic surgery. Let me see your resume."

Naguguluhan man sa sinasabi niya ay lumapit ako sa table at maingat na ibinaba ang folder na hawak ko. Kinuha niya ito. He pouted, as if he's pointing on something kaya sinundan ko ng tingin ang nguso niya. Is he asking me to sit down on the chair?

I sat down and looked down. I couldn't possibly watch him to read my resume. He might misunderstand me. Nakuha ng atensyon ko ang isang babasaging bagay. May kulay pilak na mga letrang nakasulat dito.

Jaire Kronos Magnus
Chief Executive Officer

I blinked in shock. What the fuck? He's the CEO?! He looks alot younger than I am! How is that possible?

"I must say Star-fucking-dust is really stupid." He chortled with glee. "The moment I laid my eyes on you, I already know that you are a treasure. I've watched how you act— oh don't misunderstand me for being a stalker. Masyado akong gwapo para maging creepy stalker. Pero I've investigated you. You're the infamous one-take small actress."

He shook his head and laughed. "Hindi sila karapat-dapat na maging number one entertainment company. Hinayaan lang nilang mabulok ang dyamante. What a waste..." He licked his lower lip and stared at me in my eyes. "Kung ako 'yan, hindi kita gaganiyanin." He chuckled.

Kumilos ang kamay niya pababa. Hinila niya ang drawer ng office table niya at kinuha ang isang leather folder. He closed the drawer and placed it on the table along with an expensive fountain pen.

"I know you'll never let me down. Sign the contract. I'll arrange for the contract press conference next week." He smiled gleefully.