Chapter 16: Coaxing

Hindi ko sinagot ang sandamakmak na messages at tawag ni Jasen. Alam kong ang pabebe ko sa inaakto ko pero I just want him to compromise that he would take good care of his health and make sure that he had enough sleep.

The scene today is a flash back of Felice and Victor's first meeting. Felice was the mayor's adopted daughter. Isinama siya ng mayor sa isang pagtitipon sa palasyo.

I was rehearsing my lines dahil nag-aayos pa naman ang mga prop managers. Half an hour later, director Remoroza called us to stand by on our positions na mabilis naming ginawa.

"Scene 3: In front of the palace; take one... action!"

Riding in a luxurious car, Felice and her adoptive brother, France were silently doing their own things. Felice was staring outside while France was listening to music using his headphones.

France noticed that his adoptive sister wasn't acting exaggerated like the usual girls who are smitten with crowned prince. Her silence made France eyed her with interest.

"Felice," he called. Felice looked at him with invisible question mark on her eyes. "Aren't you excited?" France asked when she didn't speak.

Felice blinked twice. "Bakit naman ako magiging excited?" she asked back.

Amusement danced in France's dull eyes. He licked his lower lip before moving his lips, forming a teasing smirk.

"Well, don't you like the crown prince?" he shot back. Felice rolled her eyes.

"No, I don't. Do you think all girls are superficial?" she retorted.

Before France could speak, the car stopped moving. The chauffeur went out and opened the door for them while bowing his body in a ninety degree angle.

Felice went out first and stared blankly on the huge towering palace. Hatred flashed through her beautiful and clear eyes and her hands were subconsciously clenched while suppressing the burning rage in her lifeless heart.

"One day... I would see how this kingdom fall." Felice whispered. Unknowingly, France, who is behind her, heard what she said. France expressionless face flashed a surprise look, couldn't believe that his adoptive sister was planning to make a prosperous kingdom fall without any reason.

"Cut! Good take." Director Remoroza shouted.

Nagsisilong kami sa puno malapit sa Victorian Castle. Victorian Castle was constructed around four hundred years ago when La Victoria empire colonized the Fiorantine.

Pinapaypayan ko ang sarili ko nang lapitan ako ni director Remoroza. Umayos ako ng tayo ngunit sinenyasan niya akong ayos lang.

"Sai, may iuutos lang ako." Kumunot ang noo ko sa sinabi niya.

"Uh, ano po iyon?" tanong ko.

"P'wede ka bang pumunta sa likod ng van ko? Naiwan ko yata kasi doon ang phone ko. Makikisuyo lang ako na kuhanin mo kung hindi ka busy..." Nagtataka man ay pumayag ako.

May assistant siya. Bakit ako pa ang inutusan niya? Bumuntong-hininga ako at tumalikod para maglakad patungo sa van niyang nakaparada sa may kalayuan.

"Sorry, napagbantaan lang. Mahal ko pa ang buhay ko." Director Remoroza seemed to have said something I couldn't understand.

Nang lumingon ako ulit para magtanong kung may sinasabi siya sa akin, I saw him looking at me with an apologizing expression that made my forehead creased.

His expression became stiff when our eyes met. He caughed twice before going to producer Yuzon, who was looking at us with hilarious expression while laughing.