Chapter 7: Lied

I bit my lower lip and tried to compose myself. I looked straight into his ash-colored eyes and blinked, feigning my innocence.

"What happened seven years ago?" I boldly asked. He gave me a deep look, as if trying to read what's on my mind.

"Isn't it you... that drunk woman? The one who got into trouble and begged me to take her innocence?" He asked doubtfully. Under the fast heartbeat of mine, I tried to remain unfazed.

"I'm sorry but you must've mistaken me as someone." My eyes narrowed.

He squinted his eyes and stared at me for few seconds. He, then, sighed in defeat and coldly said, "maybe."

Nakahinga ako ng maluwag. I didn't want to lie. Pero wala akong pagpipilian dahil una, hindi kami magkakilala. Pangalawa, aksidente lang ang nangyari sa amin. At panghuli, baka may girlfriend, fiancee, o asawa na siya at ayaw kong maging third party.

Ayaw ko ring mahusgahan ng mapanghusgang mundo ang anak ko. Nabuo man siya sa pagkakamali ay mahal na mahal ko siya. Jaze Heredion is my son, my only family, and my priceless treasure. I don't care what others will think about me but I want my son to live a normal life.

"I should go back to work. Mr. Magnus, please excuse me," I mumbled and hurriedly went out.

My phone rang. I picked it up when I saw it was manager Rivero.

"Hello, ate Yara?" I greeted.

"Sai, are you free?" she asked.

"Yes, ate. Bakit po?"

"Can you go to the office?"

"I happened to be here po, ate. I'll go there in a few minutes."

"I'll wait for you." She hung up.

I calmed myself down and forcibly forget what happened earlier. I went through the elevator, entered, and pressed the button with 23rd on it.

When I reached the 23rd floor, I went to manager Rivero's office and knocked thrice.

"Come in," a nonchalant feminine voice rang inside. I pushed the door open and went in.

"You're here," she stopped reading something and stood up.

"Ano pong problema?" I asked nervously.

She smiled as she walked towards me. "Calm down. Walang problema sa 'yo," sabi niya.

"Then..."

"I fought for few resources for you. I've got five scripts— two of which are TV series then three are movies. I've also been notified by Magnus Corporation about your ambassadorship on Maze Cars. They are very satisfied with your performance so they wanted you to go over Magnus Corporation to sign five years contract." She explained.

I hesitated. It's not that I don't want to. It's just that it's too... unbelievable. I'm not a top tier actress. I'm not even popular so why the hell would they sign a five year ambassadorship contract to a newbie like me?

I just agreed. I do not want to look like I am complaining so I dressed up into a black turtle neck chiffon top, brown trouser with black Chanel belt, brown timberland boots, and black dress coat as picked by my newly appointed stylist, Rico.

He put a light makeup on my face and left my wavy hair drape gorgeously on my shoulder. Rico put a pair of silver earrings on my ear and silver crescent moon-shaped pendant necklace. He also handed me a black metallic watch from fossils.

He grinned in satisfaction and made me looked in the mirror.

"Oh my gosh!" he squealed. I smiled awkwardly because of his exaggeration. He pulled me on an empty space with good background. "Come on, lady! You looked so good! I'll have to take a photo of you and upload it on my Interstar! Go, be quick, and pose over there."