Chapter 16

Dust puffed out his chest as he approached Nightmare. Nightmare grinned and grabbed him. Dust didn't even squirm. He had excepted his fate. Nightmare teleported them into the castle. The first monster he saw was Terror. Terror's eye was wide and full of tears. Nightmare walked into the prison hall and brought him into the very back cell. Nightmare threw him down the stairs. Dust pushed himself up soon after reaching the ground. "Yer gonna haveta try harder than that if yer gonna kill me." Dust hissed. "Oh, I'm not going to kill you. That would be too good for you." Nightmare grinned and slammed the metal door. Dust fell to the ground as he slowly lost consciousness.

When Dust woke up, he was cold. The dungeon was a very cold place to be. He shivered. He could hardly move. He knew that he would be dead soon. He would probably go to hell, if hell even existed. Dust closed his eye and took his last breath before everything faded away.

He felt warm. He looked over and he was sitting next to Grillby. Grillby smiled at him. Dust smiled back. "You're gonna be okay." Grillby said. "I know." Dust sighed. "I being serious." Grillby said. "I know!" Dust laughed. "Dust," Grillby's tone shifted. "I'm being serious." Dust just stared at him. "Wake up."

Dust jolted awake. He gasped for air. He forced himself to stand, almost tripping over his own feet. He found a wall and leaned against it. He was going to be okay. He was alive. He was alive. "å helvete." Dust breathed. Dust walked himself to a corner and curled up. He was going to be okay. Han skulle bli bra. Dust flinched when he heard the door slam opened. He held his breath. Å faen. Her kommer han. Han skal endelig drepe meg. Footsteps came slowly down the stairs. "Dus?" He heard a familiar voice asked. "Terror?" Dust asked back. Terror leaped from the stairs and ran over to Dust and licked him. "Hey, it's okay bud. I'm alright." Dust said. Terror whined happily and wagged his tail. "F f ou ou t y y ou w er d de ed." Terror whined. "No, I'm not dead." Dust whispered. But I might be soon. "You should go back upstairs before you get in trouble." Dust told him. Terror shook his large head. "N no. I w wi il l s s a sa ave y y o yo ou." Terror growled. "What about your AU. Nightmare will destroy it if you act up." Dust warned. Terror shook his head again. "Y y ou ure m m ore ore imp impo porta ant." Terror looked. Dust wrapped his arms around Terror and hugged him. "I am not more important than your AU. Nothing is." Dust whispered. Terror let out a small whine. "Nik and Papyrus will die if you let your AU get destroyed. Terror, I'm sorry, but you have to leave." Dust said and let go of Terror. Terror whined, before leaving.

"It doesn't feel right having let Dust get killed." Cross said. He wished he could've done more to protect Dust, but it was too late now. Dream set a hand on his shoulder. "It's for the good of everyone." Dream told him. That's what Dream kept saying. 'It's for the good of everyone' and 'It's to protect the Multiverse'. I think maybe Dream's trying to convince himself that we did the right thing. Suddenly the door crashed down to the ground. Cross yelped and leaped back. He felt pure horror pulse through his body when he saw a large drooling beast staring at him. Dream grabbed to his bow and aimed. The beast rolled onto it's back and looked at them. "I fr ie end dly." It growled. Dream slowly put away his bow. "Ne eed he elp." It told them. "What do you need help with?" Dream asked. "M my AU i is in da ang ger." It told them. "What's your AU, and what danger is it in?" Dream asked. "M my AU is Terrortale. N n ightm ma ar re wa nt ts t to de estr roy i it." It said. "Okay." Dream turned to Cross. "I'll get Ink and Blue. You stay here with him." Dream said and ran out. The beast stood up and looked at Cross with a determined gaze. "Y yo ou kn now Dus?" He asked. Cross nodded. "Dus a al ive." The beast said, then grabbed Cross's arm and dragged him out of the house.

Dust could feel himself grow colder in the dark dungeon. He rubbed his palms together and tried to warm himself up that way, but it wasn't working. Dust put his hood up and put his hands in his pockets. He was starting to shiver. He didn't think it would be this cold down here. Suddenly he felt like he was on fire. He gasped and stood up. Too hot! Way too hot! Dust quickly threw off his hoodie. He was burning up. He had never felt this hot before. He felt like he was burning alive. Suddenly he felt dizzy. He collapsed to the ground. He heard the metal door slam open. Soon everything went dark.