Chapter 9

Dust threw another wrapper into the hallway and sat down on his bed. Just because Cross wasn't a threat, didn't mean Dust could trust him. Cross had offered him shelter, but there could always be some underlining evil. If Cross tried anything, Dust could easily kill him. There was a knock on Dust's door. "It's not in my room, so it's not my problem!" Dust yelled. He heard Cross sigh. "C'mon Dust! It's not about that damn wrapper!" Cross said. Now Dust sighed and rolled his eye. He got up and walked to the door. When he opened it, he was Cross standing next to Dream. Dust closed the door. "Dust!" Cross hissed. "I don't know what kind of weird shit you want me to do, but I want no part in it!" Dust said sternly. "We just want to introduce you to everyone." Dream said calmly. "That's even worse!" Dust snarled. "The hell you think they gonna do when they see me? I'm a fucking Bad Sans! They gonna fucking attack me if I go out there, then I will be forced to murder them all!" Dust said. "Fine. They stubborn. We just wanted to help you." Cross sighed.
About an hour later, Dust left his room. Dust entered the kitchen and saw a skeleton wearing purple. "Who the fuck are you?" Dust asked. The skeleton turned around, half a cookie stuffed in his mouth. His eyes widened when he saw Dust. The skeleton pulled out his phone and snapped a photo before running out of the kitchen. Dust stood there in disbelief before signing. Dust walked over to the kitchen and turned on the stove. He was going to make himself some noodles. "Oh, hey Dust." Cross said, entering the kitchen. Dust glanced at him and shrugged. "Sorry about Epic. I totally forgot to tell him about you, so he's a bit freaked out." Cross apologized. Dust shrugged and continued cooking. Cross leaned on the counter next to him. "Dream's gone to fight Nightmare today. I wonder how Horror's holding up being the only Bad Sans now." Cross said. "Horror's not the only one." Dust whispered. He hoped that Nightmare didn't make Terror fight. He would bw ripped to shreds on the battlefield. "Oh yeah. You still think of yourself as a Bad Sans." Cross shrugged. Soon there was a loud boom. Dust jumped back, so did Cross. "Oh shit. Was that coming from the front door?" Cross asked cautiously. Dust grabbed a kitchen knife and followed Cross the front door. As soon as they walked into the living room, the door came crashing down. Cross yelped and leaped back, almost jumping into Dust's knife. A tall skeleton stepped into the house. He was obviously a Papyrus, most likely from Underfell or one of it's variants. Dust could see a while mob of angry monsters behind him. "Cross, I hear you're harbouring a murder?" The Papyrus raised a boney eyebrow and looked at Dust. Dust raised his knife and scowled. Cross put his hands infront of his chest. "This is all just a big misunderstanding." Cross said as calmly as he could. The Papyrus sneered and summoned a blaster. "I don't need to hear your pitiful explaining, It's clear that you never truly left the Bad Sanses." The Papyrus hissed. "Dust run!" Cross said just as the blaster blasted. Dust froze and Cross jumped infront of him. Dust ran to his room and heard Cross fall the ground. Dust locked his door and grabbed him axe. Dust looked around for somewhere to hide. He may be cocky, but he's not arrogant. He knows that he wouldn't be able to take down all of those monsters. Hell if he could bring himself to kill a Papyrus. His door handle jiggled before the door was pulled off it's hinges and thrown at Dust. Dust could dodge in time and it hit him, sending him flying. Dust tried to push himself up, but the door was heavy. Dust watched as the Papyrus slowly walked towards him, a look of triumph in his eyes. Shit. This is it. Suddenly a bone whizzed back the Papyrus. He turned back angrily. Cross was standing in the doorway, injured. Now that the Papyrus's attention was on Cross, Dust had enough time to push the door off of him. Dust quickly opened the window and leaped out, leaving his axe behind. A pain shot through his leg when he landed. Dust bit down on his sleeve to keep from yelling out. He forced himself to run, even though the pain was almost unbearable. Dust slowed down once he entered the forest, taking a moment to catch his breath. Dust walked for a bit longer before stumbling. Dust fell against a tree and slid down to the ground. Dust breathed heavily. Someone would find him eventually, and that someone would kill him. Dust closed his eye and let the world melt into black.

Cross was thrown against the wall as Edge confronted him. Fuck. Dream, please get back soon. He could feel blood trickle down his face. He wondered if he had given Dust enough time to escape. "Edge!" That was Dream's voice. Cross went limp in relief before everything faded.
Dream was healing him when he woke up. "Are you okay?" Dream whispered. Cross nodded. "Is Dust okay?" Cross asked. "We don't know where he is. I sent Blue and Ink to look for him." Dream answered. "I hope he's okay." Cross whispered. Cross looked around. He was in Dream's house. Cross forced himself to stand up. "We need to find Dust. He might be injured. We have limited time to find him." Cross said. Dream nodded and stood up. Cross and Dream left the house. Immediately Cross noticed his house. "WHAT HAPPENED TO MY HOUSE!?" Cross cried. "It burned down." Dream said. Cross looked at it for a moment before shaking his head. If Dust was in there, they would've found at least part of him.