Chapter 10.5

Terror looked out of the bedroom window. Dust would come back soon, wouldn't he. Maybe if Dust came back, Killer would also return. Horror didn't say anything when he had returned alone. Terror was worried that Dust was scared and lost. If Terror was allowed out of the castle, he would've gone looking for Dust already. And Killer. Killer's important too. Terror watched as the dark clouds darkened and rain started to fall. Terror whimpered. Dust used to comfort him when storms occurred, now Terror had to comfort himself. Terror pulled the curtain down so it covered the window. He looked at Dust's things. Dust had left a lot of things here. The only things that weren't here were Dust's axe and locket. Thunder boomed outside and Terror whimpered. Was Dust scared. No. Dust never gets scared. Not even of storms. Terror crawled under the bed. He had to hide until the storm was over. Terror rested his tail over his nose and whinned. He wanted Dust back. He wanted Dust back.

When Terror woke up the storm was over. He crawled out from under the bed. It was still drizzling outside, but the sky wasn't angry any more. Terror went out to the kitchen to get a snack. He could feel sadness in the air. It had been that way since Dust and Killer went missing. Terror saw Horror in the kitchen. "H roro!" Terror said happily Horror sighed. He didn't even look at Terror. Terror headbutted Horror. "Not now Terror." Horror grumbled. Terror growled in annoyance. "W I sa ad?" Terror asked. Horror sighed and shook his head. "Cuz Dus n Kill g on?" Terror asked. Horror sighed again. "T th ey come ba ack soo oon." Terror tried to reassure him. "They're dead! They're not coming back!" Horror snapped. Terror cowered back. Horror sighed. "They're dead, Terror. They're not coming back." Horror said. "Ded? No. Th ey co ome bac k." Terror said. Horror sighed and shook his head before leaving the kitchen. They aren't dead. They can't be dead. They'll come back soon. They will. Horror's wrong! They can't be dead! Terror growled and clawed at the floor. Terror lashed his tail and grabbed a banana from the table. Terror brought the banana back to the room and sat down. Terror looked longingly at the empty side of the bed. He missed Dust, but Dust would be back soon. He was sure of it. Dust would never abandon them. He would come back.