Chapter 20

Midoriya was going to question you again but the doctor came through the door before he could and asked for Iida to follow him outside. Midoriya decided to keep his questions to himself for now. When Iida came back, he told us that his left arm is in pretty bad shape and would need surgery to get it back to normal. 

"Iida, that's horrible." Midoriya told him, but Iida brushed him off.

"It's fine Midoriya really. This is just a reminder of all the things left for me to learn." Iida said, with determination in his voice. Iida was so mature. He also said that the doctor told him we needed to stay here for at least another night. With that, you all went straight to bed, hoping to be released early in the morning. 

When you woke up, Iida had left to go home and the doctor was telling your brother that he was released to go but to be careful. You sat up, not wanting your brother to leave without you.

"Oh, Hey (Y/n), good morning." Midoriya greeted you, seeing you sit up. Your brother and the doctor turn to look at you.

"Good morning." You say as you move the covers off you and try to get up, but the doctor stops you.

"Hold it right there young lady. " he starts. "You aren't ready to leave just yet. " he says walking over to you.

"W - what? I'm fine." you try to convince him and yourself to be completely honest. You couldn't ignore the pain that surged all over your body as you tried to get up. You were almost on your feet but he gently pushed you back down by your shoulders.

"You aren't the doctor, are you?" he said giving you an intimidating look. "Besides, I want to have a word with you." he said walking back to Shoto."I would also like to have a word with you father. " he said, this time to Shoto. You sent your brother a scared look, but he only nodded his head at the doctor. When your brother left, it was just you and Midoriya in the room.

"Hey (Y/n)." he started and you turned to face him."have you always been able to do that?The lightning, I mean." he asked you softly.

"Umm. No. That's never happened before, I'm still not sure if that was even me."you said looking down at your hands, remembering how the surge of energy felt running through your body.

"Of course it was you. Who else would it be?"he told you.

"Yeah, I guess, but how?" you questioned.

"Uh, I might have an idea." he started. "Can you explain how your quirk works first?" he asked.

"Uh, yeah. "Umm, well, to make the fire I am able to create a small spark. I grow the spark until it turns into fire, which I can control moving my arms or legs around." you explain carefully.

"Hmm I expected you to say something like that."he starts. "My guess is that all the emotions from the fight made that spark into lightning instead of fire like usual." he said casually, then started to mutter to himself more about your newfound power. This only made you let out a small laugh."What's so funny? " he asked, stopping his muttering.

"Oh, nothing its just that I've never seen anyone that interested in my quirk before." you said with a small smile.

"Really? Who wouldn't? It's amazing. " he complimented.No one has ever been interested in anything about you before.

"Thanks, but your quirk is amazing too. Didn't you get if from All Might or something."you said. Then you saw his face drop, and he started to stutter out excuses about how I was wrong.

"Wh-what are you talking about? That's ridiculous."he said as his face got pink and he was avoiding eye contact.

"Wow. Chill, it's ok. It was just a guess." you started." Shoto told me that you were All Mights secret love child or something but that made no sense. So, by your reaction, I guess my conclusion was right." You say, getting comfortable and leaning back on your hands on your bed. 

"W-Wait it's not like that I swear, I mean yeah I guess All Might talks to me a lot, but that's just because I'm a big fan and you know how nice he is I mean come on it's All might-" you had to cut him off before he wasted all him breath. 

"Dude, calm down. I'm not going to say anything. Not to be rude, but I don't really care." You told him nonchalantly. He let out a relieved sigh and sent a small smile of his own your way. As if planned, you glanced out the window and saw your Father and brother entering the hospital. You panicked and quickly started to get ready, you knew your father would not be happy if you had to stay in the hospital for another day, but as soon as you stood up, you fell back on your bed. 

"Woah are you ok?" Midoriya said as he watched your failed attempt at standing up. 

"Y-Yeah I'm fine." You said, ignoring the pain you got in your legs that shot up to the rest of your body. It hurt to move but you knew your father was almost here and you couldn't keep him waiting. You picked yourself off the bed, ignoring your aching muscles and blurred vision, and headed to the bathroom to get changed. It took you longer than you would have liked, by the time you were done your father, brother, and doctor were already in the room. The doctor had asked Midoriya to step outside for a bit while he talked to us so it was just you four.

You opened the door and did your best to hide the limp you had from the constant pain your body was in. You walked next to your brother and showed off the best fake smile that you could muster.

"I'm ready." You said, hoping your doctor would just let you go. Your father stood next to your brother with his arms crossed like always, looking at the doctor as if saying 'why am I here'. 

"What are you doing out of bed?" The doctor scolded you with a stern look on his face.

"She looks fine, don't waste my time doctor." Your father said to the doctor with his own stern look. 

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about  actually." He started, looking at you, and you quickly looked away. "You see, (Y/n)'s quirk already strains her body when using one part of her quirk, so  wh-" he started but was cut off by your father.

"I know, I have been told the same thing many times, she needs to be careful when using her quirk, she knows. I told you not to waste my time." Your father says coldly. 

"Please don't interrupt me, I wasn't finished. She cannot use more than two parts of her quirk at once, I don't even know how she is standing right now. Her body is too weak and loses energy fast when using her quirk, if this continues, her body will just keep getting weaker and weaker. So no, I'm not saying to 'be careful' I'm saying stop, this can't continue like this." The doctor says, now more serious. Your heart dropped, you didn't want Shoto to know about this, and now your father is going to know bout the lightning thing. To your surprise, your father paused for a second before going to answer.

"Firstly, she isn't going to just stop using her quirk, that isn't up to you to decide. I have been working with her, she just needs to get strong enough to handle it." He stated and wasn't even dazed by the look of distaste the doctor was giving him. "Secondly, what do you mean 'more than two parts of her quirk', she can only used Fire and Water, you must be confused." He added, and you shut your eyes, not wanting to see the look on his face when your doctor explains what happened. Then, to your surprise, again, your brother spoke up.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. During the fight, (Y/n) was able to conjure lightning." Your brother said like it was no big deal, not even facing your father while talking. There was a small pause, nobody said anything, then your father broke the awkward silence.

"What?" He said in such a calm manner it was scarier than when he is screaming. "Is this some kind of joke?" He said looking between you, your brother, and the doctor. 

"Why would I lie?" Your brother said, in the same tone as before, now looking him in the eye. 

"Well, now that you know, I think you should reconsider your parenting methods, she can't just 'get strong enough', that isn't how the human body works. Like I said before, she will only keep getting weaker if you push her, which I'm sure you do a lot." And with that the doctor left, leaving you to deal with your furious father. 

Burning Love (Bakugo x reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें