Chapter 39

The table Taehyung was leaning on was no longer a wood at a cool temperature. It was now a burning iron and the latter felt the sensation snaking through his skin.

His eyes gradually enlarged and slowly, he was in front of Jungkook, whose head was hung low and pupils closed.

"Random woman" Taehyung starts up, head tilting and eyes slowly twitching. " What do you mean, Jeon Jungkook?"

At this point, Taehyung wasn't asking a question and he wasn't talking to Jungkook either. He felt like if the latter opened his mouth once again, he would have automatically slapped him.

Jungkook could have stayed silent. He could have even gotten out of here before staying anything.

It wouldn't have surprised Taehyung if Jungkook have sat there and told him that all of this was a set and he didn't plan on having any other contacts with Taehyung. It would have hurt him less.

But tricking him?

Of course, the young man knew exactly what was Jungkook talking about.

He knew everything was off since the beginning. Not even days ago, he was visualizing his biggest meltdown.

"It's- not exactly what you think. I-" Jungkook dared to lift his head but then automatically dropped it when his orbs met the other fierce ones. What could he say? How could he even word that?

It's exactly how Taehyung may think it is: He manipulated him and took advantage of the weakness and feelings that the other had toward him.

But Jungkook wants Taehyung to take it differently: He did that because he still loves him. He wants the other to realize that Jungkook is ready to do everything to get Taehyung back and He doesn't like the idea of losing the other.

"Is it not?" Taehyung asked expression as credulous as ever and voice practically gone.

Jungkook lifts his head another time, daring. He slowly shook his head.
" No. . . I did that because-" The sigh he let out stopped him from speaking. When his eyes dart back towards Taehyung they are less intimidating but they are somewhere else. He is looking at Jungkook but he is somewhere else. He is not in the room.

" I- wasn't thinking when I did that. It was silly i-" Jungkook licks his dry lips, gulping.

When this man had the idea two years ago, he didn't presume the consequences. But when the opportunity faced him months ago, he was eager and tormented. Doing the act itself didn't sound silly but now...

"I wasn't thinking Taehyung. . . I'm sorry." The last word forcefully made its way out of his throat. What was he apologizing for? Having this idea or leading Taehyung on? He hated to admit it but he didn't even know.

Does he even regret what he did?

"But why?" Taehyung finally spoke out. His attention was slowly filling their space again. With shaking lips, he looks at Jungkook, defeated. " why in the world would you do that?" His voice wasn't raising nor was it lower. Taehyung's voice was so neutral that Jungkook started wondering if it was intentional.

"I do-" Jungkook jaw locked as he tried sorting his words out. " I didn't want to lose you." He started, internally panicking. " I would have told you as soon as you would come back to me." Jungkook stood up from the chair, automatically grabbing Taehyung's both arms.

He flinches when Taehyung brutally brought them out of his hold, sights fixed and glaring. He watches as Taehyung seems to be fully aware, his expression disturbingly transforms into a horrifying one.

"Are you hearing yourself?" He let out a disbelieving laugh, " Come back to you?" He shook his head, backing away so the man in front of him wouldn't dare to touch him again. When Jungkook doesn't answer but kept looking at him doe hooded eyes, he let out another chuckle. " So that was your plan? Tossing me around and making me feel guilty about what I did in the past so that you would slowly approach me like I was a selfish object with no feelings?" Taehyung's voice slowly raised.

Jungkook frowned at his words, doing his best to not say something back. Something inappropriate. He frantically shook his head instead. He next proceeded to approach Taehyung, both hands directed in the other direction.

Taehyung frowned.

"Don't you dare come closer!" Jungkook halts. Taehyung brows hung low. "I can't-" He whispers and automatically turned around when he felt the bubble about to come out of his throat. One more word and he would explode.

"I'm sorry-"

"What are you apologizing for?! Huh? For making me feel like I was used? For making me aware that what we had these past days or even weeks was just a part of your damn plan so you would just celebrate your victory afterward?" Taehyung finally faced him, extremely tense. " What are you apologizing for? For being obsessed ?"

Jungkook gulped, the last mentioned word hitting him harder than the reality he is slowly discovering. He hissed, looking at Taehyung.

"I...I am not obsessed, Tae-"

"But you are!" Taehyung pursed his lips. " you have to accept that you are obsessed. It's out of this world! You are selfish, you don't care about others, you are arrogant and you only want what you want and," Taehyung fingers were out as he kept counting every action he was naming. He wasn't aware of the tears slowly building until he wasn't able to have a clear sight of his fingers anymore. "You think everything revolves around you, you don't care about other people's feelings, you don't care about m-me."

Taehyung stops talking, standing there. He wrapped his fingers, slowly bringing them to his face. He then stood there shaking.

Jungkook?

He wasn't crying because Jungkook made this to him. He wasn't balling his eyes out because Jungkook led him on. He was crying because he still loves him. And his feelings are being stepped on.

Before Jungkook could make one other step he said " Please get out."

He didn't open his eyes to see the other, but he was soon relieved as he hear the door opening and automatically closing.

His fingers were still wrapped in his eyes as he plopped down on the chair behind him.

For the fear of losing me, you don't have to care about that.

For the first time in a while, Yeontan didn't bark when he saw Jungkook make his way to the entrance.