𝚂𝙸𝚇𝚃𝚈 𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃

Ryan

"No, no, how can you say that this small vermillion holder is 100 rupees!? Huh? What do I look like? An alien visiting this planet!?" The poor salesman looks at me pleadingly, while I just shrug, telling him wordlessly that he should handle this problem, alone, using his skills.

"Madam, how about 90, then? And you know, this particular holder is made of very high-quality material. Hence why it is costly," Kannagi quirks her eyebrows, determinedly. "Made in high-quality material like what? Name it. And I will do some research about the same and then I will buy this holder," the salesman looks befuddled, probably surprised by her utterances.

"Madam, how about 80?" He asks politely. "80 is still too costly. I can't bring myself to buy this at the rate of 80 rupees," my wife says dramatically and sighs. Bargaining is a talent.

"How about 70?" The salesman questions, doubtfully, not having the wish to leave a customer.

"Hm...it's okay, but I would be really grateful If you could reduce it by another 10rupees," subtle anger crosses the salesman's face and I look down at Kannagi, who is showing him a sweet smile of hers.

"Madam, you can leave If you are planning to purchase this for free!" I stifle a smile as Kannagi gives him a furious glance.

"Hello uncle, I'm not having any idea about buying this for free! Plus, selling goods at low prices is better than not selling it at all," Kannagi retorts, confidently.

The salesman begins to calculate something inside his head and finally sighs as he looks at Kannagi. "Fine Madam, we will wrap the deal for 50 rupees," by the way Kannagi is staring at him, I know she is not satisfied and wanted to decrease the amount yet again.

And now is when I should be intervening.

"Deal, come on, pack the thing," I usher and fish out my wallet from my pocket. After paying, Kannagi offers a wide smile and 'tata' to the salesman who returns it back, uncertainly.

"Shaking my head, I walk away along with Kannagi and soon, she stops at another shop, filled with jimikkis and different kinds of earrings.

I tug at her arm as she strives to run towards it. "You have already been at an earring store in this market and have almost brought 15 earrings Kannagi! Let's buy something else, come," I say and pull her wrist but she protests.

"Athaan, I can't help it. Those earrings are literally calling me to buy it," I close my eyes for a brief moment and open it, peering at her, intently.

"You really want to buy more earrings?" She nods her head and I spare her. Her legs take her small form towards the shop and she giddily selects the earrings.

Staring at her from a distance, under this scorching heat, I couldn't help but admire her tireless behavior.

Smiling inwardly, I approach her and stand by her side as I regard her mushy self. Firstly, Kannagi picks up a red jimikki, and jiggles it in front of my face.

"Will it look good on me?" She enthusiastically quirks up her eyebrows and I nod negatively.

It's too colorful and bright.

"Okay then. It's rejected," she pouts, and maintaining the same, she examines the other earrings. By the end of five minutes, I have turned off several earrings.

I couldn't find one that suits and admires Kannagi's face.

"What do you even like!?" She sighs, and gazes at me, weakly. "I will select," I adduce and analyze the numerous gleaming earrings.

Only one pair caught my entire attention. It had a sky-blue-colored shimmering stone inside a heart-shaped golden coated metal.

"Hm...it's pretty good," Her eyes lits up and she picks the earring in her palm, her lips curled up in a slight smile as she then stares into my eyes.