𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃

Ryan

Sunday is my comfort day. After jogging in the early morning, I refresh and support my bickering mom in the kitchen. She scolds dad for no reason at all. And I know this would be taken very seriously If their gender roles are reversed. Yet, as it is a woman shouting at her husband, no one really gives a damn about it.

Also, my dad is bald so she calls him baldy. Although that's a trivial issue. Besides all that, she literally has no respect for him. But I am certain she loves him albeit. Because, whenever he is sick, her concern would make your jaw drop.

We prepare chicken and dosa as it is Sunday. My mom takes control of cooking chicken while I handle smudging dosa flour on the pan.

It's late 9.30 am when we eventually settle on the dining chairs to consume our food. "Did you talk to the girl?" My mom inquires as I start munching on my food.

"Yes.." I merely nod before proceeding to relish my food. "Do you like her?" I again nod. I loathe having conversations while ingesting meals.

Done with breakfast, I wash my plate and intrude into my room. Reclining on the bed, I grab my phone and turn on the mobile network.

There are few messages from my colleagues and cousins, but I am intrigued by the one which Kannagi had sent me.

She woke up early. I learned it by the time she had delivered me the message. Good girl.

I look through the kolam picture and smile, totally impressed. It is really gorgeous. 'Wow,' I sent the message.

She quickly comes online and instead of replying in chats, she contacts me. Ah, I believe that she is not a fan of chatting.

"You like it?" Her voice has a tint of happiness to it. How and why, is she always delighted? "It is fabulous" I respond, trudging towards the door in my room, which leads me to the balcony.

"Thank you! And what's special today? We had mutton and poori. I made a couple of poori but then as it doesn't come in a circle shape, my mom chased me out of the kitchen." She giggles. I glimmer along, grasping her words.

"You don't know how to cook?" I inquire, just for information. I don't mind If she lacks those skills as long as she is willing to learn them in the future.

"I can't say that I don't know. I actually know how to cook but I hadn't put my skills into action yet. When I come to our house, I will perform it!" This girl! I'm speechless again.

"You seem eager to marry me," I say, locking my fingers around the handrail of the balcony. "Of course, I'm. Because I hadn't married anyone before. So I'm quite intrigued to see how marriage life works, you know..." I open my mouth but then shut it. How do I reply to her?

"I'm just kidding Mr." She giggles.

"You are to call me Mr, even after marriage huh?" I question, kind of interested in her reply, which I am pretty sure would be rather funny.

"Athaan, ennanga, mama, aenna (brahmins refer to their husband as aenna), or should I call you by your name itself?" I sort of expected this.

"I prefer Athaan (pronounced as ath-aan)" I don't know, I have seen some girls mentioning their husband as athaan and I truly have envied it.

Further, now that I got an opportunity, I don't want to miss it. "Athaan.." she calls me in a flirty way. Nevertheless, my heart reacts to her.

"Does that sound good!?" She asks, her voice, as usual, jovial. "Hm..." I hum in approval.

"You did not tell me what you had for breakfast yet!" she bleats, piquing a chuckle from me. Then I begin explaining to her about my meal.

__________________