Moving out of this house is a new start, I pray that you guide and protect me and my mother throughout this journey.

This' all I'm asking for. Thank you for everything you have done for me, and for listening, Amen."

I open my eyes, then walk away from the door and head downstairs to look for Mommy.

I find her in the kitchen taking out her favourite pots.

Ayye, Jamaican parents, I tell yuh.

She couldn't just leff the pot them and buy new ones?

Nossah.

"Mommy, I'm finish packing." I make my presence known.

She takes up the last pot then turn to me.

"Alright, me done yasso," She lets out a breath then walk to the sink and wash her hands.

Really cyah believe the lady take up the pot dem.

"Mommy, yuh couldn't just buy some new pots?" I finally ask.

"Buy which new pot!?" She exclaims. "Yuh know how mi pot dem expensive, Shadz? Plus dem scarce. Yuh outta aada!" She hisses.

She neva affi nyam mi up so stillz.

I laugh a little and shake my head.

"Yuh still ago buy the shoes?" She ask putting the pots in a 'Bashco' bag.

"Yes mommy." I'm suppose to go and buy my school shoes today. This morning before we left Gio gave me $100,000 sehh mih fih buy mih shoes.

Tell mi now, ah $100,000 fih wahh shoes?

Mih tell ihh mhn sehh mih nuhh ahh so much money &' ihh betta mi neva say nuhn outta mi mouth.

Might as well mi just get use to him giving me money, but I just can't.

When we leff now, yuh hear seh him want back him things, mi no innah dat.

Like dutty Lashawn go text me 'bout him want back him sweater.

Speaking of di dutty dawg, a long time him no text mi a beg fi another chance.

Him mussi get the gist.

Thank God.

Mi couldn't bother wit' im.

As mi did a say, suppose him want back him things?

Although I don't think Gio's like that, but people never fail fi surprise yuh innah this world.

Yuh affi expect the unexpected.

Real. But Gio nahh go do dat, Shadz.

Whatever.

Putting the last bag in the trunk, I close it.

"Yuh sure yuh nahh figet anything?" Mommy ask, walking to the door to close it.

"No, mommy." I answer.

God, I'm gonna miss this place.

Mommy comes back and sit on her side of the vehicle.

"Weh yahh go buy yuh shoes?" She ask as she roar the engine to life.

Come to think of it, mi really and truly no know.

I know what shoes I want though.

A Suede Bank Robber Clarks.

Been want that from last year.

Now that mi ago wear skirt and blouse, mi know that go extra neat.

Blv.