"Honey, I don't even know what the fuck that means," Mae put her hand in front of her mouth to keep from laughing, Jamie turned his head to hide his amused grin and Kayce looked on as his big sister left the table. 

"This is what it means, Dad," Beth grumbled as she left the room. 

"Stop wasting your time, Son, just go to the source, alright. I want him to know what we know," Mae sighed as she finished the last bit of fruit on her plate. She still didn't agree with her dad and the rest that it was Jenkins that killed their cattle. It didn't make sense to her. 

"And you think that's a good idea?," Jamie's question had Mae raising her eyebrows at him. She agreed that it wasn't a good idea but Jamie had some balls to question their dad after he was just allowed back into the family the day before. 

"If I didn't think it was a good idea, I wouldn't have suggested it."

Mae started to get up, Kayce following. They were done with their breakfast and needed to get to work. 

"Wear your badge today, Kayce, and take Ryan with you. Keep it official. Are you going to be back before Travis and the Texans get here, Sweetheart?

"Yeah, you know I don't miss a chance to take Travis' money," John and Kayce laughed at her words. 

"I have no doubt that you will, Sweetheart," Mae kissed John's cheek before the two youngest's left the house. 

The two walked down to the stables. Ryan had just gotten back and was watching Rip slide, practising for when Travis and the Texans show up. Mae kissed Ryan's cheek as she sat next to him. Kayce was telling the rest of the wranglers what needed to be done today.

"Daddy wants you to go with Kayce today, take your badge and please be careful." 

"I will," the two smiled as they shared a kiss. 

"Man, this horse can slide like a motherfucker. You ready to loose all your money, Cub?," Mae laughed at Rip's question. 

"That was impressive, Bear, but we all know that no horse can slide like Hades. I look forward to filling my pockets with your cash," Rip just shook his head laughing. They both knew that this was just some teasing, they always equally split their winnings.

"Alright now, I got to go to work, I'll see you all soon, some of us have to work today."

xxx

Ryan and Kayce drove out to Jenkins' house. Nobody was home so Ryan stayed by the truck while Kayce took a look around. 

"Can I help you?," Jenkins asked as he slowly climbed out of his range rover. 

"Mr. Jenkins, Hello," Ryan cautiously walked forward when he saw Jenkins reach for a gun at his side. Ryan, being more experienced, had his own gun already pointed at Jenkins before he even properly aimed his. 

"Gun! Gun!," Ryan called out so Kayce would be notified of the weapon, "No no no! Put it down! Put it down! Listen to me, Listen to me. I will shoot you in the fucking face if you don't drop the weapon!" 

Ryan was uneasy by the psychotic look in Jenkins' eye, something about this guy was not right. He didn't move at all while Ryan kept inching forward, he just kept the weapon aimed. 

"I'm a god," Jenkins muttered as he placed his finger on the trigger but before he could shoot, Kayce disarmed him from behind and pointed his gun at Jenkins' throat. 

"Pull the trigger and you're the devil," Jenkins taunted the youngest Dutton son. 

"I'm already the devil," Kayce sneered as he thought back to all the shit he had seen and done in the navy before hitting Jenkins in the throat and dragging him into the house.