Chapter 22 unexpected 

Athena's POV

Fuck I've never slept so well, as my eyes flutter open due to the light noise. I can't help but think of the events of yesterday. The doctor ran through my injuries, I have I sprained knee, a few broken ribs, some eternal injuries along with some light eternal bleeding, and a fuck ton of bruising and swelling. Oh ya and a fucking concussion.

There was also Romeo, I would be lying if I said I wasn't sore this morning. Once I build up the strength to open my eyes I see the source of the noise. Romeo is moving around putting a black suit on. Man I will never get tired of his body, he looks fucking amazing.

What are you doing up so early?

Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you love. He quickly walks over to me and places I kiss on my forehead while pulling me into a tight hug.

So what's up?

Oh I had some problems with a shipment last night.
There's something else, he says sitting on the bed beside me looking quite worried.

James is missing, I'm going to the warehouse to interrogate someone we captured. I feel my heart sink for a moment.

I'm coming with you I say pulling the covers off my body and getting up.

No you are not, the doctor sent me an email saying not to let you move around as much as possible. He also wanted to tell you your surgery dates.

I'll be fine Romeo. I know the doctors right and I shouldn't be moving but I'll be fine. The doctor had talked to me briefly about the surgery, because of the extant of my injuries I'll have to get surgery since there's a few that are quite serious.

Until we go over the injury's together and you are 100 percent fine your not going anywhere, I can't risk you getting worse. I would be lying if I said I didn't like this protective side of him. Does that mean I will actually listen? No.

Fine, I say trying to at grumpy, because just then I get the perfect plan.

Romeo pulls me in for a hug. I gotta go now love, I'll try to be back home as soon as possible, he grabs the last of his things. Before he leaves he leaves a kiss on my lips and tells me to get some rest. 
After he left for about ten minutes, just to be safe, I start getting ready.
Once I make it to the bathroom mirror I see the the swelling has gone down on my face leaving some nasty bruises.

I go over to Romeo's closet and grab the smallest pair of sweatpants I could find along with like the only casual tee-shirt I could find, does this man only wear suits? Moving around hurts like a bitch, the only reason I convinced the doctor to let me stay at home was if I promised to stay sill, what's the worst that could happen? The doctor heavily suggested I be taken to the hospital immediately for surgery.  Of course I didn't tell Romeo that part,  if I did he'd probably insist on carrying me around everywhere and hand feed me. Once I finish getting ready I attempt to find Romeos garage. Once I find it, I try to pick one of the least expensive car.

I hop in the drivers seat, luckily the keys where under the glass cap.  Just than i realize I have no fucking clue where his warehouse is. I notice that his car had a google maps setting. I quickly check the map history and it' there, well maybe. It doesn't just say in bold letters, Romeos warehouse but there's an address in the middle of nowhere. It  could literally be anything else but it's the best bet I got. I select the address and start driving.

It's a long shot,but it's also the only idea I have. Let's just hope I'm right. I quickly check google earth on my phone to see if I can look at anything. I can't see much but some forest and a large gate. I make it to the building in about 45 minutes, it's pretty far out of town.