Part 15 scars

Romeos POV

I wake up to Athenas screams in the middle of the night . I sit up and take a look at her, she's crying and sweating . I grab her body and hold it to my chest and slowly try to wake her up from her nightmare.

I see her eyes open slowly as soon as she sees my face she turns her body so she's facing me and throws her arms around my neck hugging me tightly.she's shaking and crying and I swear every time I see her cry a piece of my heart breaks.

What happened love ?

Nothing it was just a nightmare she says, slowly pulling herself together wiping the tears from her red puffy eyes .

I try to comfort her by rubbing circles on her back. I've never been good with feelings but for her I have to try. I would do anything for her, but why ? There's this weird fuzzy feeling in my almost nonexistent heart and I don't know what it is but it scars me .

What was the dream about I say gently pushing her shoulders back so I can look at her face.

She doesn't answer she nods her head back and forth while her eyes start to become glossy once again.

I can't I'm so sorry, I can't do it . She keeps repeating , I'm trying to figure out if she telling me or herself that though.

It's okay love I say pulling her back into a hug. Her body immediately relaxes into mine almost as though we where to puzzle pieces made to fit together.

I'm sorry Romeo she says while her nails dig into my back a little .

It's fine love, we should go to bed it's gonna be a long  day tomorrow, I say still keeping her in my warm embrace not sure if all be able to let her go. I feel as though I'm holding together the pieces of her.

She just nods into my shoulder and pulls away from the hug and lays down . Now that her body isn't pressed against mine it fells as though something is missing. I lay down and turn my back to her even tough all I want to do is sleep with her in my arms and never let go, but I wouldn't want her to feel uncomfortable.

Romeo? She says her voice barely above a whisper.

Yes love, I answer turning around to face her. She looks so vulnerable laying there.

You can come closer I'm not gonna break like a sheet of glass she giggles. I know that's her way of asking me to come closer . I gently grab the sides of her hips and pull her to my chest because of our height difference her head is resting against my chest while mine is resting on top of her head. She puts her arms around my neck and plays with the hair at the nape of my neck while our legs tangle around one another.

Good night Romeo and thank you, she says lifting her head up to meet me eyes.

No problem love, good night I say leaving a small kiss on her forehead. Fuck I could lay here with her in my arms for the rest of my life and never get tired of it. I try to fight sleep as long as I could and enjoy the felling of her in my arms but eventually my body gives into sleep.

I wake up with Athena still tightly wrapped in my arms. Her light breathing the only other sound apart from my own. I take in her beauty as she sleeps in my arms, looking so peaceful with a slight smile on her lips. She starts to lightly stir in my arms as her eyelashes start to flutter open and look up to meet mine.

Morning she says with a full smile now on her lips.

Morning I say playing with the ends of her hair and  Giving her a fucking smile, I don't even know why I'm smiling it's like her smile is contagious I can't stop.

I've never slept  so well, I admit.

Me nether even after I wake up from the fist nightmare once I go back to sleep the second one always comes. After you woke me up and wrapped me up with you the nightmare never came back. She says looking down she's still smiling but now her smile looks a little more sad, she also has a slight blush on her cheeks that she try's to hide.
From the sight of her blushing I instantly go hard. Oh fucking hell this is not the time for this to happen .