32: Reunite, Reignite & Goodbyes

Start from the beginning

"You look so grown up." His mother said, laughing as she rubbed his back.

Jessica met her mother's eyes and smiled conveying a message.

"You people should catch up with a cup of tea." Emilia said, in her best hostess voice.

"Oh! We are sorry for barging in on you. I am Maria." Jordan's mother apologized for their manners.

"If I was you, I can imagine the world disappearing and he is on the limelight." Emilia laughed for a second. "Familia supra omnia is the motto."

"You are right. We really want to know  the wonderful family who kept our baby boy for us." Maria brought her hands to her heart before hugging Emilia.

"I am Tonia and this is Fred." The younger woman said.

"That is baby Marco." Emilia cooed softly at the little one.

Antonia nodded her head in response before moving her gaze to the other person in the room. They all did as Fred helped Jordan up to clean himself.

"I am Jessica, Jordan's friend." She  moved too quickly noticing the hint.

"Nice to meet you." Maria and Tonia said to her with warmth.

"Thank you." Fred took Jessica's hands.

"This way," Said Emilia as she made her way into the dinning room.

The family finally made their way to the table when they got to know more about the family that took care of their son.

"Oh! I could say he took care of us all than we did." Emilia said, at the end of her narration.

"We can't believe our little  trickster has become so mature." Maria, Jordan's mother  teased her son. Telling them of how he nearly crashed his cousin's wedding.

"I have an interesting story to tell you." Antonia said to the baby in her arms, tapping the tip of his nose.

Antonia had to take a minute with the baby upstairs during their storytime. Jordan smiled as he catches up with his family.

He learnt how Antonia's child had brought her out of her grief to raise the only gift she had of Marco. His six siblings missing him and their life so far including Six year old Jason, his little hockey star. And how his grandfather was at the last chapter of his life, very sick.

When Antonia had returned with a well-fed baby. He told them of how he went to Texas and met uncle Sam, stay with him before meeting Waters.

After, he did finish his story, time had passed and there was only one thing left to do.

Fred, his father stood up on his feet and thanked Mrs. Waters for her hospitality and Jessica for being a friend to his son.

"Son, we know you have a nice life here so make up your mind and we will follow your decision." Fred said, moving his eyes from his son to Jessica and back.

Antonia and Maria followed suit   with a nod that told Jordan that It was okay and everything will be okay.

As they left, Jordan and Jessica  followed them to the door where the two men with the guns from earlier opened the door for them.

The two black cars made their way off the limestone track to the road.

Jessica and Jordan turned in and locked the door.

"I know that I should go but I want to stay," He said, meekly with his head to the ground, "With you."

"Do you know how they found you? "