Chapter Eighteen

Summer 1990

I helped Janet to my condo & got her cleaned up & made her some food even though she said she wasn't hungry

"You feeling better?" I asked Jan as she laid on my lap & I ran my hand through her hair.

"Not really I just can't get Mariah's face out of my head." She said

"I am so sorry about her baby I should have been there for you" I said sincerely.

"But I pushed you away you couldn't be there for me" Janet sat up looking at me.

"I am sorry for this whole mess if it wasn't for me coming in your life we-"

"No don't say that we both played a part in this, I can't help how I feel about you" She said

"You still feel something for me?" I asked confused

"Of course I do.." She trailed looking in my eyes.

I smiled on the outside but in the inside I am hurting because I know what I did with Vivian & I know what my feeling are for her so I know this is not going to end well.

"I should have never pushed you away" Janet said touching my face.

"It's ok" I gave a small smile.

I touched her beautiful face & I leaned over placing a sweet kiss on her lips.

"Your like the only constant thing in my life" Janet whispered.

A tear came down her face I kissed it away & pulled her into a tight hug, "I am right here with you"

I laid next to Janet in my bed watching her sleep, She means so much to me & I know that things are crazy with what's going on with Lorenzo wanting me to kill Janet which I would never do but Lorenzo is about to get what's coming to him.

Just then a knock came on the door, I sat up grabbing my gun out of the drawer trying not to wake up Janet, I got off the bed going into the living room toward the front door.

I looked through the peephole & sighed once I saw who it was but nervous at the same time.

I opened the door, "Viv what are you doing here?"

"I went to your house but you weren't there so I figured you were here." She said pushing past me walking in my condo.

"Viv you can't be here right now" I said closing the door & walked over to the bedroom door closing it

"Do you have someone here?" She asked sitting down on the couch.

"It's complicated Vivian"

"How is it complicated Monique do you have someone here or not?" She asked

I sighed, "Janet is here"

She scoffed shaking her head, "I knew you would go back to her"

"Viv It's not like that" She stood from the couch.

"Wait Please" I said grabbing her arm.

"Does she know?" She asked

"Do I know what?" Janet asked standing at the bedroom door with her arms folded

"Jan.." I trailed starting to walk closer to her.

"Mo who is this?" She asked raising her eyebrow.

"I am Vivian" my best friend said with a hint of Jealousy in her voice.

"Your best friend?" She asked

"Yeah my best friend" I said eyeing Vivian who looked so defeated.

"What did I need to know?" Janet asked

Vivian raised her eyebrow wanting me to say what we had been doing.

"Nothing um can-"

"You know what I am out of here" Vivian said walking toward the door & looked at me once more then walked out. My heart sank a bit knowing I hurt her.

"What was that about?" Janet asked

"Um nothing babe, Let's go back to bed" I said with a forced smile.

She nodded suspiciously & went back in the room with me.

"Vivian this is the 4th time I am calling you please call me back" I said to Vivian's answering machine.

Janet went to get some breakfast for the both of us, I know she thinks something is up but I promise to tell her everything when all this other shit is over.

A knock came on the door, "Janet did you forget your key?" I asked walking over toward the door opening it without looking in the peephole.

"You dumb bitch" My husband said

"Lorenzo" I said with so much fear in my eyes.

"I really thought me scaring the shit out of you would make you do what needs to be done but clearly you want to learn the hard way."

I tried to shut the door but he blocked it & started walking toward me.

"What kind of way is that to treat your husband?"

"Lorenzo please.." I trailed.

"Please what?" He asked pulling his gun from his waist band.

"Don't do this" I said

"You were suppose to be my wife but no you want to be a little hoe" He said

"But were going to see who the hoe really is" He said

"What do you mean?" I asked as he just smiled sinisterly.

"You'll see" He said

Oh shit