Chapter Twelve

Summer 1990

Of course Lorenzo didn't come home last night, I am tired of this shit for real plus Janet wants to cool off for a while, I just want to leave California & start over completely

I stood in the kitchen drinking some coffee when I heard the front door open & close.

"Mo where are you?" Lorenzo asked coming in the living room seeing me standing in the kitchen.

"Hey baby" He said walking over trying to kiss me but I moved away

"Here we go" He said walking away going to the fridge.

I just ignored him finishing my coffee, "Monique, what is your problem?"

"I don't have a problem." I scoffed

"Clearly your the one who can't keep your dick in your pants." I said rolling my eyes.

"There you go always thinking someone is fucking around" he said closing the fridge

"Oh I don't think I know" I told him.

"You know I thought getting back in the business with you was going to help us get this marriage back on track but I was wrong again your still fucking those bitches are you even wearing a condom because I know you Lorenzo."

"Babe listen-" I cut him off putting my hand up.

"No Lorenzo, I am done hearing the excuses, I want a divorce." I caught him completely off guard when I said that.

"A divorce?" He questioned

"Yes a divorce, I am done being your door mat, I deserve love & faithfulness, Hell affection."

He looked at me with anger in his eyes, "Your really think you are leaving me?"

"I don't think, I know" I said stepping toward him a bit.

"You must have forgotten who the fuck I am Monique, your my wife your not going anywhere."

"You think I am stupid don't you?" He questioned

I raised an eyebrow super confused, "What are you talking about?"

Just then a knock came on the door, Lorenzo shook his head at me walking toward the door I took a deep breath wondering if he knew about Janet or not, I know Lorenzo is crazy but I didn't think he would be that crazy.

"Mo Mo." Vivian said coming in the kitchen smiling.

" Vivian said coming in the kitchen smiling

"Hey girl" I sighed.

"What's wrong?" She asked noticing I was upset about about.

"She's fine" Lorenzo said coming back where we were.

"I wasn't talking to your ass" She said looking at my husband.

"Well I am talking to you plus why you bring yo hatin ass over here anyway?" Lorenzo asked

"Because I came to see my best friend shouldn't you be doing something like fucking those other hoes."

This has been always, Viv hates Lorenzo for the things he does to me.

"Ok please don't start" I said stepping in between them.

"Look I dont have time for this shit, I will be at the trap come by later." He said giving Viv a dirty look before walking out the door.

"Girl I dont know why the fuck you stay with him." She said rolling her eyes walking around sitting on the couch.

I sighed going sitting down next to her, "What are you doing here anyway?"

"I came to tell you how things were going with Angela but I see your got your own problems." She said

"Yeah but I don't want to talk about it now, tell me how are things going?" I asked not wanting to talk about my situation.

"Things are going great, we even were talking about moving in together."

"W-Wait, your talking about moving in together you haven't been together that long." I said

"I know that Mo but she is so different, you know when we are together it's like nothing else matter in the world, yes we only been together for a hot minute but I like her a lot I can't explain it"

The way she was talking about Angela was the same way I felt about Janet it just more complicated.

"Is everything ok?" She asked touching my hand.

"Yes..." I lied knowing everything was not ok.

"Listen to me, why don't you pack a bag & come stay with me for a bit I know you need a break." She said whispering.

"Maybe I should but I can't Lorenzo needs me to help with the business"

Vivian sighed, "When are you going to wake up Monique, that nigga does not deserve you!" She yelled standing up.

"What the fuck do you want me to do!" I yelled standing up.

"Grow a pair of balls Mo!" She yelled again.

"Why do you let him do this to you! Ever since you met his ass all he does is walk all over you when he was prison he needed you to run his drug business but when he gets out he doesn't need you anymore why the fuck do you stay!"

"Why do you even care!" I yelled back at her getting closer.

Silence fell between us then out of nowhere Viv kissed me roughly on the lips.

Something came over me & I didn't pull away from her I kissed back feeling her hands roam my body.

"No..No" I said moving away from her.

She realized what we were doing, "I should go"

"Vivian wait." I said but she put her hand up.

"I'll call you later" She said walking out of my house.

"Fuck" I exclaimed sitting on the edge of the couch.

Why the fuck is my life this damn complicated, First Lorenzo is acting an ass as usual, Janet wants to take a break so her brother doesn't kill us & now Vivian who has been my best friend since middle school kisses me.

What should I do I asked myself.